Forum > Woodland Mills

Newbie first mill HM126 questions..

(1/2) > >>

Agman55:
Hello all,
I'm getting ready to use my new HM 126 mill, but being this is my first one, I wanted to see if anyone had any tips they could give me before starting? Any things I should check or adjust, anything to watch out for, or any guidance would be greatly appreciated! 
I've read thru the manual but I must admit some of it is a bit confusing to me, I've had people tell me the mill is set up by the factory to begin with so I shouldn't need to adjust anything, is this true? The manual really doesn't say one way or the other, the blade is on and it appears to be ready to cut but I never like to assume anything!
Thanks in advance for any help given!
Best wishes to everyone,
Agmsn55  (Jeff)

beenthere:
Agman

--- Quote ---I've read thru the manual but I must admit some of it is a bit confusing to me
--- End quote ---

Post what you find in the manual that is confusing. That gives us a place to start to help. 

Menagerie-Manor:

--- Quote from: Agman55 on September 07, 2022, 08:10:44 PM ---Hello all,
I'm getting ready to use my new HM 126 mill, but being this is my first one, I wanted to see if anyone had any tips they could give me before starting? Any things I should check or adjust, anything to watch out for, or any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
I've read thru the manual but I must admit some of it is a bit confusing to me, I've had people tell me the mill is set up by the factory to begin with so I shouldn't need to adjust anything, is this true? The manual really doesn't say one way or the other, the blade is on and it appears to be ready to cut but I never like to assume anything!
Thanks in advance for any help given!
Best wishes to everyone,
Agmsn55  (Jeff)

--- End quote ---
The saw head on my HM126 was basically ready to go I only adjusted the guide blocks and originally torqued the tension with my torque wrench but they're suggested 2-1/2 to 3 turns has worked well. Just get the base setup on a stable foundation and get everything leveled, squared and aligned. The elevation cables will need to be adjusted to get the blade parallel to the bunks.

Agman55:
Thanks for the info, one of the things confusing me is I purchased the 14 hp motor, with that upgrade the head comes with a " adjustable blade guide arm", the manual manual just says to make sure it slides in and out smoothly, and how to adjust the ball plunger, but I can't find anything that says where to set it or how to set it. Again, any help would be very appreciated! 

Agman55:
Hey Managerie-Manor, did you set the torque at the max 25 ft. lb.s or halfway between the recommended 20-25 ft. lb.s?
Thanks for your help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Sitemap