iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shelf Life

Started by Jeff, November 03, 2012, 11:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I called over to Lou Kurtis's this morning to see if he has something in the barn to fix my boot. I punched a hole in the side of it when I sidestepped on one of the steel stakes made of a sign post that holds my tower blind down in the wind. I'm up here at the cabin dog sitting for my sister, and getting ready for deer season.  Anyhow, Lou said he had just the thing, so I went over and he had a couple different selections for me to try. If you have ever been in Lou's barn or shop, you know he has something interesting to try for most any occasion.  The most promising was disappointingly hardened up and unusable, so I left the package unopened. You would think that the shelf life on this stuff would be better.  ;) :)

This is what part of the drive up looked like yesterday.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Den Socling

I guess he didn't "keep from freezing".  :D

tcsmpsi

I reckon the geese are already down here in the rice paddies, huh?   Brrrrrrrr.....    :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Autocar

As soon as I looked at the lady on the wrapper I thought to myself that has to be in the fiftys  ;D I guess it can turn hard and a fellow shouldn't complain  ;D Nothing more beautiful then the U.P. with snow thanks for scharing.
Bill

pigman

Lou should take the tube and receipt back to where he got the tube and see if they will replace it. I am sure it has a lifetime guarantee.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Magicman

Where is some Goop when you need it  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

That snow is almost as scary as a bowl of grits.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on November 03, 2012, 08:21:38 PM
That snow is almost as scary as a bowl of grits.  ;D

Just don't eat yellow snow  steve_smiley.......but yellow grits are delicious!  sketti_1
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandhills

Please tell me why this post reminds me of myself ???

Al_Smith

.I haven't seen that stuff in years but it used to be pretty good stuff . Fact I used it once to repair the convertable top on an Olds 442 .

SwampDonkey

Shoegoo should fix ya right up. Same stuff as MM suggested, different name, same outfit.  I think old Lou likes to have fun with ya. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

shoogoo was Lou's first offering. It was half a tube that was on the shelf with this stuff. I tried to cut into the tube and it was completely solid. I'm in the eastern U.P. and it is the weekend. The closest hardware is cedarville, about 30 miles away, closed on the weekend, and then there is the Soo, about 50 miles.

It aint pretty, but it works, using a combination of old out dated worn out stuff. :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Just stick one of them candy wrappers from Halloween on there and good to go. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!