iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hood s182 hydraulic problem

Started by sshier, January 04, 2014, 01:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sshier

Hi
I've got a problem with my loader that i cannot figure out. I had the harmonic damper seperate last tuesday and after 4 days tracking that down finaly got it back together. Now my swing gear and outriggers wont work im positive its cause is air in the line sense i had to unhook the pump off the front of the motor. Try as i may i cant find a bleeder for this circut so if anyone can help me find what im missing the help would be appressiated

deastman

I've never seen a bleed circut on a hood loader,  don't think you're gonna find one. I'd try hooking up the supply line to the pump but leave the pressure line unhooked and start the loader to see if you have oil goin thru the pump and make sure the pump is turning.  I've actually never had a hydraulic circut get air bound and have to bleed it, but maybe it can happen.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

sshier

Thanks for the reply i finnaly got it working. I ended up putting some air to the oil tank and it helped prime the pump wish i would have thought about it earlyer now its catch up time thanks again

1270d

Hopefully it didn't ruin a section of your pump running it dry that way.

sshier

Got cought up to the skidder at nine o'clock last night. he had pilled 3 loads of logs and two loads of pulp within reach pretty nice wood. loader seems fine thank god for that more lost time would have been hard to take. Thanks again

Thank You Sponsors!