iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Here's a tree to climb

Started by Ianab, September 10, 2014, 12:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od4_EAwoZzQ

The platform at the top was a fire lookout. The climb up is via the steel rods drilled into the trunk.  :o

Looks like fun   8)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Den Socling

Glad they made the video 'cause you would never find my butt up there.

WmFritz

I had to climb a 150' smoke stack at a power plant one time. The company I worked for had installed a new ladder and platforms at the top and midway for instrumentation. Myself and a co-worker had to go up and touch up some welds with primer/paint.
About 3/4 the way up, my partner froze up. I'm talking full blown panic attack. He had his arms wrapped around that ladder and was hugging it with all his might. The problem for me was I was above him, so I was stuck on the top platform.  It took quite some doing, but I managed to talk him down one rung at a time. I climbed down with him, told him to look straight ahead and just slow and easy take a step. It felt like it took forever to get him on the ground.

Of course, that left me to go back up and do the job alone.  :D :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

WoodenHead

Quote from: Den Socling on September 10, 2014, 12:32:06 AM
Glad they made the video 'cause you would never find my butt up there.

x2  :D

Magicman

That is nice.  Looks like those rods have been in that tree for quite a while.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

First thing I thought was that would be a great spot for a zip line.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

terrifictimbersllc

More fun coming when those logs get sawed! :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Chuck White

Unique for sure!

Imagine that on your sawmill!   :o :o :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!