iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sharpening and setting

Started by Qweaver, January 04, 2006, 06:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpgreen

Quote from: dail_h on January 06, 2006, 07:10:44 PM
   I use a Norwood sharpener,and setter. Definately at the buzz box end of the line,but it does a good job for me,plus I can have sharp blades all the time,not waiting for returns from resharp. At least that's the theory anyway.

Dail-

How long does it take you to set a blade with your Norwood?
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Cedarman

You might get a WM owner to buy a cam for you.  You might try Talladega Machinery Sales.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

highpockets

Cedarman that is a thought. thanks
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

gmmills

Quote from: WH_Conley on January 08, 2006, 11:21:57 AM
Question about a WM sharpener, I was told that they would only sharpen a WM blade due to the profile. Anything to it?

WH,

WM has different sharpener cams available. I have sharpened both Simonds and MunkforsSagars blades with WM's 9/29 deg blade profile cam. All three brands have a very similar tooth -gullet profile. The WM blade has a 9 hook angle while the Simonds and Munk's have a 10 deg hook angle. That is not a problem just change the head angle of the sharpener. The Munk's have a taller tooth 1/4" than the WM and Simonds 3/16". This can be allowed for by dressing the grinding wheel for a taller tooth.
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

jpgreen

gmmills...

What's your favorite brand of blades?
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

gmmills

jp,

WM Doublehards. Used them exclusively for the past 2 yrs. 
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Radar67

I've been following this thread and have noticed that most seem to use the WM sharpener. What makes it better than the others mentioned on this thread? ...........BTW, anybody know of a sharpener and setter for sale used? If so, let me know.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

chet

What sold me on a Woodmizer sharpener and setter, was findin' a good used setup for $800.  8)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

LeeB

$500 price tag for the used set up did it for me. Bought it off someone here on the forum. Can't even remeber who. I got CRS really bad. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Radar67

Any one used the Hudson sharpener?

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

dail_h

JPGreen,
   About 15 /20 ninuets if I 'm feeling ok,and all goes well
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Thank You Sponsors!