iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pig, and family at the river

Started by drobertson, September 01, 2014, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Daughter, son in law, his family and ours spent the week end camping on the Jacks' Fork, we need the rain, but it held off for the entire week end, making a great outing and pig roast, with fixin's

It's been a few years since my last pig roast, at first glance I thought the worst, but it was pull of the bone, juicy and tender, with just the right hit of seasoning and smoke,  Levi wanted to pull this off, it was a lil bit of a chore, getting back in there, but well worth the effort,  as I am typing, the rains are now hitting,  how good is that? 8)
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

21incher

Looks like you had a great time. My mouth is watering looking at that pig. Great way to end the summer. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Left Coast Chris

Hmm.... from the title I was envisioning a pet pig taking in the activities.   That pig dosent look too happy.   :)

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Magicman

That looks like a fine outing as well as the vittles.  Also good timing on the weather.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

Always great to get together for family time.
And good food to boot!  ;)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

rooster 58

It's been a long long time since I went to a good ole' fashioned pig roast. Nothin' better on a hot summer day with family or friends ;)
     Back in the day, when I was around 20, we had a roast on a hot August day. Man, it was broiling hot. At the house where the party was, there was a spring house. Everyone there got their turn (sometimes 2 or 3) to be doused with a metal pail of ice cold water ;D  Bobody seemed to complain, and the pig and chickens were out of this world ;)

Magicman

Quote from: rooster 58 on September 11, 2014, 07:43:22 AMIt's been a long long time since I went to a good ole' fashioned pig roast.
I understand that there is one held in Harrison, Mi. on the 1st Saturday in August each year, and that you are invited.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ozarkgem

good looking pig, wicked looking sunburn.  Jacks Fork is a nice area.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

drobertson

Thinking you mean Bret?  yea, lots of time at school! ;D  but if the pig, well, it looked pretty bad at first glance, but pulled nicely off the bone, very juicy, still cant' believe we dodged the rain! till the day after,  just had some pulled pork today for lunch,  not too shabby,  still think I will have to do another for practice ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ozarkgem

Quote from: drobertson on September 14, 2014, 08:56:13 PM
Thinking you mean Bret?  yea, lots of time at school! ;D  but if the pig, well, it looked pretty bad at first glance, but pulled nicely off the bone, very juicy, still cant' believe we dodged the rain! till the day after,  just had some pulled pork today for lunch,  not too shabby,  still think I will have to do another for practice ;D
did you do any canoeing while you were there? Bring that pig over  my way for the next try. LOL
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

clww

Looks like a great (and tasty) time was had by all. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hey, I just saw this Dave.....pretty cool, pretty girls and pretty pig. You can't go wrong.  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

No canoeing this time for me, we had the kayak with us, the kids enjoyed that.

sawguy21

Well, somebody had to do the really tough job and it might as well have been you. :D What a great way to spend a weekend.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!