iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bangor,ME Northern Forest Expo,May 13-14

Started by thecfarm, March 12, 2011, 07:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Northern Forest Expo,NFP,coming to Bass Park Bangor,ME,May 13-14.Friday and Saturday

http://nefpexpo.net/

A free show if you register before on line.Just think up a "business name",if you don't have one.It's a 2 day show that has sawmills in action.Should have a 1000hp chipper there to making some noise.Skidders,forwarders,chainsaws,wood splitters and anything to do with wood.Last year was kinda geared towards the big boys,but still good for the land owner to go to.
Take a day off and go.You will be happy you did.Only comes here once every 2 years.

Might want to check out an old thread from 2 years ago.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,35903.0.html

Helps to go by the Bass Park exit and come in form the North.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Quote from: thecfarm on March 12, 2011, 07:54:05 AM
Northern Forest Expo,NFP,coming to Bass Park Bangor,ME,May 13-14.Friday and Saturday
....A free show if you register before on line.Just think up a "business name",if you don't have one.It's a 2 day show that has sawmills in action.............

That really isn't fair to those business's that make the show possible. Costs them money trying to make contact with you after the show, only to learn you are not a business. Just my opinion. Pay to register to see/support the show.

Sorry for the rant.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Rant all you want.  ;)  I'm not really a business but I need a name for the expo.I still need tractors,outdoor furnaces,sawmills,chainsaws,trucks,need I go on, to use around here at my place.My money is as good as any business.  ;)
By the way,I've never had any vendor contact me after the show unless I asked them too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Holmes

Any one going? I am going to try for the Friday show. Unless it is hot out I will be wearing my FF jacket. The last time I went to this type of show it was in Springfield Ma. I took my 87 yr old dad with me and we both enjoyed it, must have been 8 years ago   Holmes
Think like a farmer.

bill m

I was going to the show in Hamburg NY. this year. The driving time to Hamburg is 5hr. 50 min., Bangor is 6 hr. 7 min. It's only 17 min. longer so I'm going to Bangor instead.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

thecfarm

Make sure all you guys using the freeway coming in from the south check out the second link in reply #1.  You want the next exit past Bass park. This is rely #17.Works great,no mile long line,just drive right in.This brings you in from the North.I will have my FF hat on and suspenders again. I and 2 other guys will be there Friday.

JohnM

I'm gonna be there, love that show!  Can't afford a single thing there but it's still worth it just to see all the toys.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

woodman

I will be there at the Woodmizer tent. All day friday and Sat. Open to close.

Woodman
Jim Cripanuk

thecfarm

Woodman,I guess I will ask for Jim.  ;D  My name is Ray by the way. I will have my FF hat on and if not cold,you will be able to see my suspenders. I got my passes yesterday. I was starting to wonder if I was going to get them. Started out with 3 guys,down to just one going,I think. Won't know until we leave at 8 Friday morning. I Know it will be a great time.

bill m

I'm leaving here about 3:am tomorrow morning. Maybe I will met up with some of the members there.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

thecfarm

I saw woodman at the  WM tent. Saw bill m just about first thing. Saw Kevin and Tammy at Logrite. No brownies for me.  :(
Kevin will be here to tell you about his new product. It's a Rite Height Splitter. No name for it yet. He combined a Super Splitter with a platform at waist height. You can pull the logs on top of the platform with a winch that uses rope to get the logs on top of the platform,a very easy task. The power comes from the motor on the splitter. Saw the logs into stove wood lengths,than roll the logs a foot into the splitter and split away.All the work is done at waist height after the logs is on the platform. This is a trailer too. The sides hinge up for transport. The guy that I brought with me had to see it work a couple times. he was telling a few guys in the crowd how great it was when they was doing a demo.  ;D
Crowd no where near what it was a couple years ago. I came in from the North,there was no line from the South this year.
I almost forgot to mention,no Baker saws,not a swing mill in sight,Mobile Dimension was not there either. WM,Thomas,Hudson were there for mills. There was a red band saw form Canada. Never seen or heard of it before. I thought I took some literature on it,bit I guess I did not. Lots of wood processors this year. Lots of forwarders,skidders,havesters,delimbers,big trucks,big chippers.

JohnM

cfarm, I talked to the Log Rite guys for a bit and saw the demo of the splitter set-up.  Too rich for my blood ($5,800!) but a very slick set-up none-the-less.  And like you, I was disappointed not to see any swing saws.  Best thing I got out of it was stopping by the NH Bragg tent and talking to the Makita rep and having him replace my battery charger for my impact driver! 

Weather was perfect on Friday, it's a fun show.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Thank You Sponsors!