iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

looking for sawmill

Started by board, April 12, 2012, 09:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

board

i've been looking to buy a sawmill and was wondering if anybody had any leads on a good one in the 6000 or under price. I seen the turner on here but wanted something a little different, i am sure its a good saw but i guess i'm just to picky. I really like the ez-boardwalk modle 40. which i might just have to bite the bullet and buy a new one. I saw 2 on sawmillexchange but by the time i called they were already sold. Anyhow my preference would be at least 30 in. diameter log cap. 20hp. or bigger. Would be useing it for personal use and side buisiness. I live on the illinois and iowa boarder, but would consider to travel a ways for the right deal.       P.S. if it was not for this site i would not have to spend this money. I read the forum everyday and now i am addicted.  8) 8) 8) thanks everybody .
paul

red oaks lumber

another one drank the koolaid :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WDH

Remember that if you buy the mill, you will have to get the tattoo too  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Whataboutda Handshake  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

VictorH

Tattoo!!! No one told me about the tattoo.

paul case

Go for the EZ Boardwalk model 40. it is a good saw the is rugged and well thought out. The first project for mine was to build my house and it did that in 4 months ( the one project paid for the mill) and then it made me a living sawing for others for 3 years. I bought it for $6500 and sold it 3½ years later for $5000 with 500 hours on it. It sawed a lot of wood and was very acurate.
I don't regret it one bit . I am quite happy with my new to me mill that has HYDRAULICS!!!!!! 8) 8)

The tattoo is just a smiley face drawn in the sawdust on your arms. It is quite permanant though.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

bandmiller2

We are woodsy enablers,our secret handshake,yup you get pitch all over your hand.Welcome mate not sure how much of a favor we "done" you. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on April 12, 2012, 10:30:08 PM
another one drank the koolaid :D :D

He failed to read the warning label.    pepsi_smiley
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

board

thanks for the welcoms, i am looking forward to the new tattoo and the handshake.  Paul i called ez-boardwalk about the new mod. 40 with trailor . they are 7500 now, price went up a little. I just thought i might be able to get a used one a little cheaper and maybe a few extra used blades,but if i cant find one soon i will go ahead and spend the extra money for a new one.
paul

paul case

I was quite aprehensive when I bought mine. It helped that I ran on to a couple guys that had the mill, and 1 was only 5 miles from me. I didn't saw any with either of their mills, but just looking at them and talking to them in person really helped me decide to buy one.
The mill I purchased had the 20 hp honda instead of the 24 which was $150 cheaper. I also didn't buy the trailer pkg with it and I was thinking it was about $400. Also it only comes with one blade and that isn't enough if you are going to cut much wood. I switched over to using simond red streak bands for a savings of $8 a band.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

WDH

That mill should serve you well.  With 20+ horsepower on a manual mill, you can do some serious milling.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Having a mill is great. I have a 20 HP on my Thomas,a manual mill. I have never felt I needed a bigger motor. But I saw very little hardwood of any size. Hemlock is my thing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

board

I had cosidered a smaller engine but most everything in my area is oak,black locust,wallnut and mullbery, we do have some pine though. I just bought 16 -8ft. white pines 30 to 24 dib off a farmer yesterday for 100 bucks. Dont know if thats a good deal or not but i figured it would be good practice for when i get my mill.
paul

Thank You Sponsors!