iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fishing Boat

Started by K-Guy, May 09, 2022, 10:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Guy

>

I bought this 16' Smoker Craft  on Saturday and I'm looing for recommendations on rod holders. I plan on doing a lot of trolling.

What are you fishing with?
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

jb616

I use a Cabela's quick release where you just pull the rod up and the tube part of the holder tilts up and releases the rod out as you do that.  This way you don't have to pull the rod out of the tube first. I would put a link in but I am at work (lunch) and we don't have access to certain sites :)

Walnut Beast

Congratulations! I guess it's gone fishing now when someone needs to get ahold of you now 😂

JJ

Nice boat, you will have fun with that and being aluminum, there will not be very many places you cannot drop into.

Downeaster rod holders are the best there is, made in Lewiston ME
Down-East Sportscraft, Inc.

I have moved a set across 3 boats now, kept them when I sold my last boat -will install on my next one.

Never have had one break.

JJ

K-Guy

Quote from: Walnut Beast on May 09, 2022, 11:25:41 AMI guess it's gone fishing now when someone needs to get ahold of you now 😂

Nope!
I still have to pay for it.;D
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

SawyerTed

That is a sweet boat!  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Southside

Sebasticook or you going to travel with it?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

olcowhand

Quote from: JJ on May 09, 2022, 12:40:44 PMDowneaster rod holders are the best there is, made in Lewiston ME

2X on the Downeaster. The toughest Rod Holders I've found. Fits almost any Rod design, Durable and reliable. When you're trolling a 15" Jointed Believer (Musky Bait- envision your Rod bowed over like you're dragging a Small Block Chevy on the bottom...) at 7-9 MPH, then hooking one up- that's not the time to be fiddling around trying to get the Rod out of the Holder. Lift straight up, and the Downeaster "hands" the Rod to you. Made from Die-Cast Aluminum; impervious to Sun and Weather, I've had some of mine for >30 years, also moving from Boat to Boat. Many models are easily adjusted for angle and attitude.... I can't say enough about them.
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

K-Guy

Quote from: Southside on May 10, 2022, 12:07:02 AMSebasticook or you going to travel with it?

I may fish there too but I'm going to be looking at trout lakes, mostly up north.
Nyle Service Dept.
- D. Adams

JJ

Quote from: K-Guy on May 09, 2022, 10:37:34 AMI plan on doing a lot of trolling.

I have another recommendation for you:
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/trol-a-matic-trolling-plate

That trolling plate let me troll below 1mph, even with that big prop -and never had to worry about remembering to pull a string to release.

Only drawback is loss of some control backing up.

JJ

Thank You Sponsors!