iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing Logs for wwsjr (Willie)

Started by Magicman, October 22, 2015, 10:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hookpilot

Thanks for the update on BF MM. I just got back to this thread and as was said would do it again in a heartbeat.
We wish a Blessed Thanksgiving to all on the forum.
Keith & Rebecca
WMLT50
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."
                 -- John Quincy Adams

Magicman

I talked on the phone briefly with Willie yesterday and he was so appreciative that the logs/lumber burden had been lifted from him.  Words can not express the gratitude that Willie, his family, and the entire community felt toward the effort and love that was shown by Forestry Forum members during this time of need.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Very good Lynn. Thanks for sharing.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

RALFF

I am glad that I was able to have a small part in this effort. It makes me feel good to have been able to help out and it was also nice to meet all the the forum members and their wives that I had never met before.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

PC-Urban-Sawyer

May Willie Steele, Jr finally rest in peace and may his wife and family know that we are praying for them in this time of loss.

Herb

Chuck White

Our deepest condolences go out to Willie's family.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mesquite buckeye

That is very sad. :(

It is nice that you guys were able to help him and his customers get things settled.

He will be missed.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

rasman57

Thankfully he was able to be comforted with the caring fellowship and assistance you and others here provided in his time of need.  The news video showed just how happy you all made him.  May we all have such grace and compassion when it is needed.  The support for him and his family will always be a warm remembrance for them too.  Godspeed.

Andy White

Godspeed my dear friend. Your battles are now over. Sweet God given peace to you now. We will see you again.                     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

logs2lumber

Prayers to family and to know there is no more pain or suffering rest in peace

valley ranch

Hi All, Just found this thread, and read through it, I've tears in my throat. That is/was a wonderful happening. I should be a movie, I guess it is. I don't know what to say. Wifey would say: "It's beautiful!"

Thank you

Richard

Red Good

Condolences  to everyone who knew him . Sure he went easier knowing that you guys finished  his sawing for him. Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

Magicman

Note:  Willie's sawmill and edger are listed in the "For Sale" board.

Magicman

Here is a LINK to the newspaper article detailing our sawing for Willie W Steele Jr (wwsjr).

Magicman

I also just found out that sometime during Willie's last weeks he arranged for his Fire Department to get a "Jaws of Life".  No one knew anything about it,  not even his wife, until it was delivered.  He was such a caring and giving person.  Apparently also secretive.

larrydown60

Willie sounds like he was an awesome man. Wish I could have met him, there aren't many people like you guys and Willie left. Merry Christmas everyone.

Magicman

A year ago this week LINK we began our travels to our late Friend and Forestry Forum member wwsjr (Willie Steele's) home to begin sawing on November 9th.  This combined effort allowed Willie to check off his final commitments that he had made to his customers, and to rest easy during his final days.

I just talked with Willie's widow concerning the final cleanup efforts that she is now doing.  It has been a struggle and sometimes a seemingly hopeless situation for her, but she will forever be grateful for the Forestry Forum and how Willie's membership affected her life, both then and now.

Thank You Sponsors!