iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pine lumber pricing

Started by Dave989, July 07, 2016, 06:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave989

Does anyone have access to the hardwood market report and can tell me what white pine and red pine lumber prices are right now?
Check out our Facebook page Timber Beast Sawmilling.
Dave and Hannah

WDH

Pine prices are not included in the Hardwood Market Report.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

woodmills1

for a reference the state of New Hampshire publishes a quarterly market report that includes pine prices both log and lumber.  I have been selling both hard and soft woods here in NH since 1995 and recently went to 75 cents a board foot for pine to new customers.  I still have some at 50 and even 40, because ifin ya cuts it ya better sell it.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

woodmills1

yes mostly, but given it is only me I can sell as I like.  Did garden boxes for 2 friends, 1.5 x 18 x 8 boards and charged 75 cents for them.  Nice boards at 18 inch wide but again for friends.  Did some 2 x 6 shorts for customers at 75.  I still do 4 x 4 x 8 dunnage at 40 cents and most oak dunnage at 80 cents to a dollar.  The last oak dunnage job was a rush and all 12 wide 1x  2x  4x   and 12x I got a buck and a half.  Trailer deck is up to $1.75 with my only competitor at 2 bucks or more.  I still don't advertise cause it would probably kill me now at 65.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!