iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Price on ash flooring

Started by bulldozerjoe, May 15, 2019, 09:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldozerjoe

if I need 1100 square feet of 4 inch t@g flooring... how much board feet would I need to bring to the mill... it would be my logs and the mill would have to saw, dry, and mill... also how much would you charge to do this for me... thanks I'm just trying to figure out a flooring project, what it takes and money involved, thank you

New holland tc 45
Fransguard 4000
Sthil 021-028super-029-066

Southside

The grade you are after in the final product and grade of your logs is a big factor in the conversion. 

Even for straight mill run you are looking at 30% bare minimum of loss due to the process. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

bulldozerjoe

I'm not looking for any grade in perticular... just knowing the lumber came from out back... 
New holland tc 45
Fransguard 4000

Southside

All one size will also limit yield %.  A random width like 3,4,5 or 4,5,6 will give you a better yield. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

rooster 58

And figure 25% waste from the dried material, from removing checks, rot and such. And from straight line ripping the lumber into strips 

DRB

If it was me I would take logs that scale at least 2200 bd ft.  You will probably have a little left over but thats better then being one board short.

bulldozerjoe

id figure id send the mill 2800 bf, im not going to run out..... any buddy got a going rate on sawing, drying and milling?
New holland tc 45
Fransguard 4000

ellmoe

For most species and sizes we charge $1.50/bf.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Thank You Sponsors!