iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new mill suprise

Started by archangel_cpj, October 19, 2011, 02:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archangel_cpj

I posted a few weeks ago about getting a new sawmill.  I had been dealing with a lady who had one well I got to see it yesterday and what a suprise first thing is its a farquar not a fric they look very simular and she doesnt know much about mills.  She told me it came with a GM motor well I figed gas I was wrong its a detroit 6 - 71   I am very happy with the condition of the wood NO ROT anywhere and it comes with a chain drag and 30 feet of roller table the good stuff not the light duty junk...  It is a huge mill I linked to a few pics she took when it was set up (its disassembled now) and i would say it may be the size of a Frick O1 Ive only seen those in pics but hey its close I think...  Anyway I was going to give her 1700 to 1900 but when i saw the mill and heard why she was selling it (bad accident in family) I agreed to giver her 1900 for it the extra was no biggie for the quality of the mill.  The blade it 52 in inserted and has a set of extra teeth the mill also has a foot receder.  all in all Im happy we are getting it saturday and her family is going to help us load it up...All you cirle mill owners if you have any info on this unit let me know...

Chuck White

Congratulations on your new mill!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bandmiller2

CPJ,thats a good deal on a good mill.That Detroit diesel should spin the saw with little trouble if its in any condition.Personally I would have a partition between that engine and the sawyers box so you can think straight. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

archangel_cpj

the motor will have a partion actually about 20 feet its belt drive so im moving it aways away.

sandhills

About the only info I could give is I want it, great find any way you look at it.  We have a 671 detroit on an irrigation pump, you might want to invest in hearing protection, what, no I said you might want to invest in hearing protection! :D.  If that old detroit won't spin that thing I'd be scared of what it would take  ;).

JP135

Nice!

I LOVE the sound of a 6-71.

archangel_cpj

i want to get it together asap im thinking of using pre cast concrete blocks. I can get 2ft tall 6ft long and 2ft wide for 40 bucks each. They will be stable and easy to set.

bandmiller2

CPJ,we don't know where you live or how deep the frost goes.Its important to have your foundation below the frost line and preferably with good drainage.You should have enough clearance below the mill to cleanout.A sidehill is the classic site for a mill,logs on the high side can be rolled on the carriage,clearance on the backside to clean up under. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!