iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ran circle mill for first time some ???S

Started by archangel_cpj, May 23, 2012, 11:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archangel_cpj

I belted up the old Farquhar mill today just to test the carriage etc NO CUTTING YET...  anyway I want to make sure I have the gig / saw pulleys / carriage relationship correct...  Heres why Im asking when I pull back on the pole the carriage goes forward when i push forward it goes back...  Now When I pull back the pulley set on the right as standing in the sawers position looking at the husk engage these pulleys and the belt they run are routed in a much more complicated manner than the pulleys on the left which engage when I push the stick forward...  It seems the speed is quicker when the carriage gigs back than forward but the stick motion has me concerned then again maybe thats how farquhars are????

ALWOL

That's how all the old belt/friction feedworks systems work that I have been around. The carriage should gig back at about three times the speed of the feed.

Alan
There's a big difference between staying busy and making money.

Ron Wenrich

Sounds like everything is running in the right direction and the right speed. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

dgdrls

bandmiller2

CPJ,thats proper operation,I've been told its so if something cought the johnson bar [feed lever] it would back out of the log not try to cram it in.It also gets you a little further from the saw when your cutting. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!