iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill warning to all users

Started by WV Sawmiller, September 11, 2017, 05:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucer

I believe there were 2 LT-80's built in the US. Someone (Bibbyman, I think) posted some pictures on the forum. It had 2 axles and 26' cutting length.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on September 14, 2017, 12:26:29 PM
   I keep thinking about how handy that Auto-Up function of Acccuset II would be. Set it on a known starting point on the 4th face then auto up in various increments of the boards I want then stop when I run out of clear face, switch to auto down and start sawing. Would be more accurate than me trying to add different thicknesses and kerf in my aging and decrepit head.

I don't know how many of you with A-II that way but if I had it I'd sure be trying it that way.
Often do that. And additionally, the pattern mode gives the known starting point.  Accuset II all about not having to add different thicknesses and kerf.  Nevertheless it helps to remember what they should be, in case it makes a mistake as happens sometimes.  When cutting in the pattern mode I recognize most of the height settings it goes through on the way down.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

dean herring

Looked like the saw head was a little shaky on the return trip. That's a long way up to support.
That was a really big log.
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Darrel

Quote from: dean herring on September 17, 2017, 09:10:02 AM
Looked like the saw head was a little shaky on the return trip. That's a long way up to support.
That was a really big log.

I can grab onto the head of my LT40 and shake it and when I have it at the top of the mast on the return trip, I have noticed some movement. But so what?  It has never been unstable in the cut and always cuts parallel to the bed. Wood-Mizer's cantilever head is engineered to be stable where it counts. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Thank You Sponsors!