iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood splitters

Started by OH logger, March 10, 2016, 08:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH logger

kinda all over the board here but is anyone running the biggest eastonmade splitter out there?? they sound ok and reasonable price but just wonderin if any are in use on here. I run 2 timberwolfs ( a TW5 and tw6) and lookin to upgrade my TW5 to a TW6 or equivalent. I thought about getting rid of both and just getting 1 CRD green monster but for that kind of money I may have to trade a kid or 2 for it :o..   I think the built rites are good machines too but they are so similar in price and quality to timberwolf that might as well stick with timberwolf then. I know what im getting that way. thanks
john

shamusturbo

Are they that much less then a timberwolf???

I went from a TW-5 to Green Monster to Rapido Loco. Still have the TW-5 for gnarly bent stuff and wish I still had the Monster but like you said, big money. I had the original model used from Maine for almost half of what they are now. ($22K, right?) Timberwolf builds an awesome machine.
Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

OH logger

$8500 for the eastonmade. $22,000 for the monster...ouch. :o. I have 4 men hired during splitting season for a month and am wondering if the monster is the way to go. it would take that many guys to feed it without working them to death. we use 2 guys per splitter now but one machine(monster) might be easier. I cut it and they split it. I am picking up a blockbuster elevator next week and it might be easier to use one splitter with that elevator instead of 2. you know what I mean?? im not sure yet how we are goin to have both the splitters dump in that one elevator :-\. it will be tight and congested. in the past we used 2 splitters and 2 bale elevators but just got tired of fightin the bale elevators after a while. and I also have a guy with a crd processor come and split wood for me and got REALLY tired on fightin the elevators. I was surprised that I never came home to see my bale elevators for sale at the road :D really lookin forward to the new conveyor...almost as much as he is ;D
thanks
john

Thank You Sponsors!