iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 288xp Lite full wrap bar

Started by kylehamlin, October 19, 2021, 09:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylehamlin

Does anyone know where to get a full wrap bar for a 288xp lite? Thanks!

sawguy21

Welcome! I wonder if Madsens in Centralia WA can help you. You might also try Chainsawr, a forum sponsor, or Walkers Saw Shop in Nanaimo BC. They have a strong background with the big west coast saws.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Real1shepherd

Saw was discontinued 20 yrs ago, or I'd say Madsen's would have it for sure.

Popular saw here in the PNW.....you should be able to find a full-wrap. Have you trolled eBay yet?

Just looked.....nothing right now, but they sell fast on eBay....been quite a few gone through there. chainsawr had one, gone. Try Brian Plust.

Kevin

kylehamlin

Thanks for the replies. Madsen's was a no go, Walker's phone number wasn't working, I'll keep looking. I appreciate the tips...

Tacotodd

Go to Donny Walker's videos and then you'll be able to use his email. Not that you can't use it anytime, I just don't know right off what it is :-\
Trying harder everyday.

Real1shepherd

I just went through saw salvage and Bailey's....nada. You might post a 'wanted' ad in the most popular saw forums.

Kevin

Real1shepherd

I was gonna mention Pro Safety, but not at $170.....:o But they have them.......

Kevin

kylehamlin

Ya I'm not sure I want one that bad but I'll keep it in mind if I can't find a cheaper one. Thanks!

Real1shepherd

If your saw was new and you were going to do a lot of continuous felling & bucking, then yeah, buy the Safety Pro product if you didn't get a full-wrap on the powerhead to start with.

But putting a $170 full-wrap on a 20yr+ saw.....I dunno about that.

Kevin

David B

There was a recent group buy from Pro Safety on Facebook by Rory Bond, the 288 guy. $200 each shipped. 
Machine and welding shop day job, trees after work.

Real1shepherd

But they list on the Pro Safety site for $169.99.....sooooo, how is $200 a better deal?

Kevin

David B

$170 plus $20 shipping...I was told pro safety doesn't resale, only wholesale. These were the last of the bars made for the 288 chassis. 

Not saying it was a good deal...just that's what the deal was. 

I have a box of 288 junk I need to fix up into a saw 

https://youtu.be/_tfcu75g4y0
Machine and welding shop day job, trees after work.

Thank You Sponsors!