iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The mills down again

Started by Bruno of NH, April 03, 2024, 06:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluidpowerpro

Once upon a time a job at the post office was a coveted gig. My dad use to say that you had to know someone to get a job there. Not the case now.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

barbender

Bruno, what repair did you end up having to do? Was your drive bearing shot?
Too many irons in the fire

Bruno of NH

Yes all new drive bearing assembly 
I will get pictures of the original one
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

customsawyer

I'm thinking that was just bad timing. When I was cutting the metal logs in Hazelhurst I've gone through as many as 30 blades in a day. Cotton picker spindles will take every tooth off of a blade, stall the 55hp diesel and smoke a belt. Never had it break anything else though.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bruno of NH

3,400 hrs
I'm wondering if I should order the bearing for the other wheel.
It spins great and is tight 
The mill is sawing great 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

I used synthetic atf with the new unit

Magicman

Quote from: Bruno of NH on May 03, 2024, 07:14:27 AMI'm wondering if I should order the bearing for the other wheel.
It spins great and is tight.....
Personally, I would not.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Alternatively having those bearings sitting on a shelf will greatly reduce downtime, and the temptation to say "run it, she will make the rest of the day" should those bearings fail.  The idle side are pretty cheap. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

barbender

I've got one on the shelf myself😊
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

So do I.

I mistook Bruno's statement as he was gonna go ahead and replace the other side, thus my "if it ain't broke" comment.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!