iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Most Beautiful Place in America

Started by Gary_C, August 19, 2011, 05:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Quote from: Jeff on July 25, 2012, 07:14:48 AM
........... People can't wait to get to somewhere I'm always ready to leave. Makes me think, maybe I should sit back and think. :D

I'm thinkin you already have sat back and "thunk about it", with the conclusion there is a peaceful place in the UP that you wanna be for a break.  :) :)
If everybody else would find the same place, hmmmm, not so great any more. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dodgy Loner

I'm partial to the U.P. myself. I tried to convince my wife that we should buy land up there after our trip last week, but she flatly refused on account what she presumes would be a little wintry weather. ;)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

WmFritz

"she flatly refused on account what she presumes would be a little wintry weather. "

I can't disagree with anybody's comments. They all hit home. But, the wintry weather is one of the best things about the UP  for me.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

SwampDonkey

Winter is the best time of the year from my perspective. But if you are not used to it, it can be tough. Believe me when I say I've seen many come north in summer to paradise and leave by the following spring. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!