Sponsors:

Recent

425 Guests, 2 Users
SwampDonkey, Ianab

Welcome to The 2024 Forestry Forum!

Do you have trees to grow? Logs to saw? A forest to manage? Chainsaws to fix? A sawmill to purchase or maintain? Timber related business to run? Lumber to dry? Trees or plants to identify? A cabin to build? Are you hungry and like FOOD?

Or would you just like to pull up a stump and visit with a friend?
If any of these and a multitude of other topics apply, then The Forestry Forum is the place for you.

What Will you Find on the Forestry Forum?

Pages: 1 ... 39 [40]
I considered posting this in MM thread on maintenance and repairs but decided to post new as this is something up my alley. I recently posted in " did something dumb" that I caught my belt loop on the travel lever of my simple set and broke it. The return worked but not properly. I ordered a new lever and got around to installing it this morning. The return did not work at all. So, I had to open up Simple Set and see what was going on. Having worked the majority of my engineering career on electrical contact materials and components the problem stood out immediately.Read More

8 Comments
Hey, I have a question about the maxipc in a used komatsu 931.1
Let me know if this in the wrong forums for this post, new to forums.

The monitor/display is starting to go in ours, we tried hooking up a portable monitor to it through the vga port and powered through the 12volt plug-in. But the screen just stays black. Is there something in the settings you need to change to recognize a new monitor?Read More

8 Comments
Trying to figure how tight my blade needs to be. I have a hydraulic cylinder in it to push on bladetension. But for 1and a half in. blade x .045 in. thick how much pressure does it take. dont want to break it.

2 Comments
I'm new here so not sure if this is allowed but if so, would love to see links to everyone's sawmilling YouTube channels if you have one!

32 Comments
Thinking of sawing some 1/8" thick tulip poplar "sheets" that I want to try to glue onto an lvl beam as a veneer of sorts. They would be 14" wide. Anyone ever try that? Thinking i might need a lot of stickers to keep them flat and then flash drying it in the kiln. It seems like a good idea and I'm going...

Read More

39 Comments
Pages: 1 ... 39 [40]

Thank You Sponsors!