iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl 361

Started by bl73, February 20, 2010, 08:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bl73

what is the going rate for a used 361 in great shape, i have alot people making me offers and most of the offers are around 250$ this seems a little low but not sure.

Cut4fun

Around here like new shape, $300-$350. I sold mine for $375 shipping and insurance included if I remember correctly.

bl73

thanks, i thought around the 300 mark but wasn't sure.

nmurph

a 361 is great shape is a $400 saw. go to ebay and look at completed bids....they sell for $400+ all the time.

Cut4fun

I was talking one on one dealings.

We all know ebay brings alot more.  I dont like their hidden fees and taking 15% of final value now also.

Al_Smith

Since flea bay went to all pay pal I've pretty much ignored the place . On Stihl parts for example once you  get the fees plus shipping it could add up to the dealer price on things .Some times more .

Too bad but I guess greed gets the best of everything . :(

nmurph

i was taking ebay inflation into account. 361's regularly go for $500+ on ebay. the OP said great shape, which should be a $400 in a private sale.

stonebroke

I bought one on ebay for 355$ great shape but you never know on ebay what you will really get.

Stonebroke

Al_Smith

Speaking of deals ,in just a few minutes I'm off to the Stihl shop to pick up some parts I ordered .If they have anything in the " bone pile " I'll wager I bring home a deal . You never know it could be a 361 ,stranger things have happened . :D

Shops are often an over looked thing as a source of used and repairable  saws . More times than not the shops won't fiddle with trying to repair them because the costs involved could easily be more than the value of the saw . In addition to that ,the shops do not want the reputation of peddling junk . I'm telling you it's a gold mine if you find the right shop .

bl73

thanx for all the info I'll be putting it up for sale probably today on craigslist if anyones interested shoot me a message and i can give any info needed.

windthrown

I am a 361 junkie, and I would be interested in the details...
Stihls: 440R, 361, 360, 310, 260, 211, 020T. Husky: 372xt.
I ship Stihl saws down under: message me for details.

567paloggger

i bought 2 361s brand new for 470 out the door dealers were pushing them becuase the 362 was out and stihl was giving rebates on this model

Cut4fun

Friend up the road priced one for $300 looked great ran better. 

567paloggger

id buy it for 300 id like to see picture first

Thank You Sponsors!