iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Danjonit's Amazing Sawmill BBQ sauce ICWAY (It'll Cure What Ails Ya)

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, August 06, 2015, 06:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pgk1

Sounds awesome Jon, I'll have to give that sauce a go. I may swap the Jalapenos for African Birds Eye chilis? Little red innocent looking chilis, on the hot side but sure do have a wonderful flavor.

Pete 
PM605, MS462CM, MS211

Ianab

Yeah, birds eyes are nice. Just picked the last of mine. They aren't very big, but they pack a bit of heat, and the plant will grow 100s of them. 

If you want to warm up a sauce, just add one or 2 ghost chilli to the mix. It's easy to overdo them and end up with some sort of dragons breath, but if you just use a couple, it's just a nice kick.  ;D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

pgk1

That's what I'm talkin about!  ;D I'm thinking a couple would give a little pizazz? My wife and I went to our local farmers market a few weeks ago and there was a preacher there selling Jams seasoned with  7 Pot primo peppers. We bought black raspberry and it is one of the best Jams Iv'e had. He doesn't use much, just enough to give a slight amount of heat, a marriage made in heaven. I had never heard of these peppers before so I struck up a conversation with him, he said they come from Tibetan and got their name because one pepper can season 7 pots of stew! Wow!!  Couple of links if I'm allowed?
https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-types/7-pot-primo/ One more, not a link but I couldn't resist:
What is a 7 Pot Pepper?
It is related to the Trinidad Scorpion Pepper and has rough, pimpled skin, but is more plump, with a ribbed texture and a more fruity flavor. Its name refers to the saying that it is hot enough to spice 7 pots of stew. In Trinidad, it is used in military grade tear gas and marine paint, which prevents barnacles :D

PM605, MS462CM, MS211

Mike W

We grew a lot of 7 pot peppers while we lived in Hawaii for 10 years, along with a barrage of other peppers and of course tropical fruits in our yard.  I loved the 7 pot the best, a lot of kick and fantastic flavor.  Used to make 'stupid wings' (hot wings with homemade hot sauce using the 7 pot) we called them stupid wings cause you was stupid for eating more then one, but like chips, you just couldn't help yourself... :o 

Ianab

Been sent some Chocolate 7 pot seeds to try for this season. 

Sounds just the thing for "Danger Sauce", which is our equivalent of "Stupid Wing"  :D. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Weekend_Sawyer

Quote from: Ianab on August 13, 2019, 10:01:50 PM
Been sent some Chocolate 7 pot seeds to try for this season.

Would this plant be legal in the states? :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Mike W

Never had the Chocolate 7 pot peppers before, sounds interesting enough to warrant looking into getting some of those seeds for this upcoming season, even if the plant wasn't legal in the States, will just have to plant them at the back of the garden behind some lattice :D

Thank You Sponsors!