iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sauce the easy way.

Started by 21incher, August 12, 2014, 02:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

That time of the year again

Have buckets of Amish paste tomatoes in my garage. They are jumbos this year with many over 12 oz.

Time to breakout my Squeezo-Matic. About 30 years ago I bought a Gardenway Squeezo, welded up a stand, added a pulley, and motorized it.

You turn it on, put the tomatoes in the top and the skins and seeds come out the end.

The puree is separated and ready to be turned into sauce.

Got about 8 gallons of seed free puree in about a hour. Time to add the rest of the ingredients and cook down to about 4 gallons of sauce and then can to enjoy all winter. 8) 8)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

thecfarm

The wife only has a Foley Food Mill. But it does just about the same thing. Just slower.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

materhead    Now that looks good!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sprucebunny

That's a whopper !

Your tomatoes are ripe already ??? I started them in March and they are just starting to turn something other than green.
I have 5 kinds. Couldn't find Amish Paste which I was impressed with last year but I have 'San Marzano' or something like that, that are supposed to be good .
3 kinds of Roma and 2 others.
I usually dry them; takes up less space.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

21incher

Quote from: sprucebunny on August 12, 2014, 08:26:36 PM
That's a whopper !

Your tomatoes are ripe already ??? I started them in March and they are just starting to turn something other than green.
I have 5 kinds. Couldn't find Amish Paste which I was impressed with last year but I have 'San Marzano' or something like that, that are supposed to be good .
3 kinds of Roma and 2 others.
I usually dry them; takes up less space.
We have been eating tomatoes from the garden for 3 weeks now. Baker Creek has the amish paste seeds.  Processed a couple of bushels of that size today plus Brandywines, Paul Robsens, Sungold,& Beefmasters. Mixing them up makes a great flavored sauce.  With all the rain lately the plants are starting to turn brown and die so the next couple of weeks we will be making sauce as the hundreds of pounds of tomatoes on the plants turn red.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!