iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawyerbrown DanG loader

Started by goose63, June 12, 2016, 11:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

@ Sawyerbrown your DanG loader works good  8)

All those big beams or the right will soon come home 8)  :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

bags

Looks good Goose--- you should be able to haul quite a stack of those timbers using those tongs for load'in.

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

fishfighter

Once I find a trailer that someone that doesn't want a arm and leg, I will build one of those. ;D

goose63

fishfighter I gave $ 1000 for that trailer 15 years ago was one of the smarter thing's I've done
goose

plowboyswr

looks good but I gotta ask, how tall?
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

goose63

goose

warren46

Quote from: goose63 on June 13, 2016, 07:24:19 PM
7 foot 2 x 4 x 1/4 tube
Sounds like it takes three men and a small boy to lift it to the upright position from the trailer deck.  Do you have a way that your winch lifts it or do you just keep it upright all of the time?
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

goose63

I use'd pice of 2 x 6 20 inch tall with a nauch in it dont have to bend over to much that way
goose

plowboyswr

Looking at your hinge points gives me some ideas, been wanting to build one but haven't taken the time yet but now with the right hinge I can make it work on both trailers. Hmmm... headscratch smiley_smash
Steve

timcosby

instead of tongs i use a chain. just make a big loop then when you let it back to grab another bite it just swings back and if your quick going forward on the winch it will catch just right. pulll it up some more then repeat. you can almost do it from one spot.

fishfighter

Quote from: goose63 on June 13, 2016, 12:12:29 PM
fishfighter I gave $ 1000 for that trailer 15 years ago was one of the smarter thing's I've done

Around here, they want a arm in a leg for junk. :( If I didn't have so much going on, I would build new axles for my trailer I have now. It only has two 3500lb axles. I have over load it a few times, but only had to travel a few miles. Not happy doing that at all. Besides, when I go get logs, they are loaded by a front loader. I get my logs from a tree service friend for free. Really need two 7000lb axles.

goose63

Tim I have a remot so  I can stand at thend of the Trailer and work the winch from there

plowboyswr when Iget back from Fargo today Iwill get some pictures on here of the hinge
goose

tjhammer

using a arch makes it easy for me to load logs alone, this is a white oak 33 in thru 16 ft long this arch will pick the whole log up where its hanging in the air

hammer

warren46

Quote from: tjhammer on June 15, 2016, 06:50:52 AM
using a arch makes it easy for me to load logs alone, this is a white oak 33 in thru 16 ft long this arch will pick the whole log up where its hanging in the air

Note the jack stand under the rear of the trailer.  This assures  that the log is lifted instead of the pickup attached to the trailer.  A very important part of the operation.
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

Tom the Sawyer

tjhammer,

Are you saying that log in the picture is 33"x16', or that the arch has handled logs that big?
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

grouch

Suggestions for outside reading:

irishfixit's winch truck w/gin poles

Bob's winch truck w/gin poles

I suspect what works for those mobile welders will work well for the occasional log. Those guys deal with some fairly bizarre situations. In each case, the winch controls the raising and lowering of the poles and the chains go to the very end of the poles for maximum capacity (and minimum risk of a pole folding).
Find something to do that interests you.

tjhammer

tom I hauled 7 logs out that day I know the one on the trailer is 33 in by I think 14 or 16 the log was 116 yrs I have loaded some 36in by 12 red oak with no problem
tj
hammer

Czech_Made

I keep this picture as inspiration:

and planning to get a boom for my tractor.

goose63

The plate is weld under the plank

Drile'd a hole for a pipe weld that to the 2 x 4 tube with a grease zert
goose

elk42

Czech-Made
This is my tractor jib.

Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

plowboyswr

Goose yep that's what i thought I was seeing. I like it, I should be able to make a mount on both of  my little trailers for a hinge like that. :)
Steve

Czech_Made

Thank you Elk, that is great looking jib.  I might copy that.  My son is going to college, I will need some hydraulics instead :)

Thanks  :)

Thank You Sponsors!