iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydrostatic tractor pros/cons in logging

Started by mjeselskis, September 27, 2016, 09:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

498 hours.  ::)   I put more than that on mine in a year.
Looks like a good size one,50-60 hp?
Rear tires loaded?
Build something to put the chainsaw into and bar and chain oil too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mjeselskis

Quote from: thecfarm on November 21, 2016, 08:01:52 PM
498 hours.  ::)   I put more than that on mine in a year.
Looks like a good size one,50-60 hp?
Rear tires loaded?
Build something to put the chainsaw into and bar and chain oil too.

Yeah, 56hp. Rear tires are loaded with beet juice. Looking for a canopy, forks, and definitely somewhere to hold the saw and accessories. Keeping my eyes open for backhoe, bush hog, and tiller
2006 WM LT28  1993 John Deere 5300
Husqvarna 562XP & 365 X-Torq

thecfarm

Just a few ideas on holders. With that size tractor you should have plenty of room to mount it on the loader support. I use to keep my saw in a box behind the seat. This is so much handier. And I can see the saw and know where it is.

I keep my gas in a chain oil jug.

Than the wrench. I keep one of these on each side of the tractor.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DDW_OR

Quote from: mjeselskis on November 21, 2016, 07:45:31 PM
........Farmi winch on it this weekend .......

I keep my Farmi 501 winch on most of the time for a counter balance.
there is a 2 inch receiver hitch you can add to the Farmi winch.

other useful attachments:
for the Farmi = 20,000lb snatch block
extra choker chains

for the Loader = Skidsteer quick attachment
extra lights on the loader arm

for the 3-point = trailer hitch receiver
box scraper
grader blade
Rototiller
rear hydraulics

other useful items =
Oil Filter Cutter, opens filter to show what it collected
Condor Outback Machete CTK2042S, stainless steel blade, useful for quick delimbing and brush clearing
Kolpin Saw Press Bracket = I have 5, one for each ATV and tractor.

"let the machines do the work"

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

North River Energy

Looks like a good find. What's the manufacture date, and is there a story behind the low hours?

mjeselskis

Thanks for all the tips. I had a box behind the seat on my last tractor, but the loader arm mount looks like a much better option.

I need to check the serial number, but I believe it's a 94. It came from Ohio and I didn't get it straight from the original owner so I don't know the story behind the low hours.

North River Energy

From the extensive wear on the bucket, perhaps they used it to bring in the groceries from the car?

thecfarm

North River Energy,  :D  I noticed that too.
I bought a tractor with less than 800 hours on it,eight years old. As with mjeselskis great find,it looked brand new. He had 2 tractors,one for the woods,the one he really worked,and than the one he used around the barn. He would put bales of hay in the bucket and bring it to his animals.
I hate to say,but it does look brand new anymore.  :(  But I buy stuff to use,not to just sit there.
mjeselskis,that JD did not even have 500 hours on it.  :o I put that on mine in one year.

lopet

Looks like a great find.  How long you've been looking ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

mjeselskis

Quote from: lopet on November 23, 2016, 05:38:23 PM
Looks like a great find.  How long you've been looking ?

Thanks, I've been looking hard for a couple months. I was leaning towards a new one, but didn't want the tier 3/4 emissions stuff. I was thinking about buying one in the Midwest and having it shipped, but this one was within driving range and it was nice to check it over before buying.

The guy I bought it from put about 150 hours on it in the last year mowing hay, but the original owner must have just used it as a toy.

Thank You Sponsors!