iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coyotes…

Started by Nebraska, December 22, 2023, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhodemont

We have a couple packs around.  When they get yipping it can be quite a loud  show.  There is/was one big dude, seemed to be a loner.  As long as I was in the Gator or on the tractor he would stand me down.  As soon as I stepped out he would trot off.  Well, we can not use center fire here so mine sit idle most of the time.  But, on occasion I will put them to use.  That big dude was getting bold so the Winchester Model 70 Deer Slayer put an end to the situation. 
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

Magicman

I found Coyote droppings in my back yard yesterday, and I live in town.  Of course, they do too.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

KEC

Some years ago they did a study on urban coyotes in Cook County, Illinois (Chicago area). They caught coyotes and fitted them with tracking collars. The ones that got GPS units could be located at any time just by going to the computer. Several times they found coyotes that were spending their days sleeping under house porches. One was in tall grass between a busy road and a walkway with people walking by (IIRC) about 40' away.

trapper

neighbor had a calf born in pasture last night and when he got to it this morning coyotes had killed it,
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

chet

With the wolf population growing around here it is getting pretty rare to see or hear a coyote.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

SwampDonkey

Been 3 recently hanging around near my brother's. Down the end of a long narrow field is thick softwood plantation with rabbits everywhere. I suspect the coyotes know where lunch is. I think it is coyote breading season now to.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!