iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone know about Timberline 4410 portable mills

Started by tree-farmer, February 03, 2008, 03:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tree-farmer

Ran into a video of a Timberline 4410 mill being used. Looks like a rugged machine. When I looked for a dealer or souce on Google I came up blank. Is this a discontinued model, or am I looking in the wrong places?

If anyone has one of these mills or knows anything about them I would appreciate anything you would be able to share.

Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Hoss

Tree Farmer   They are made in Oregon. I believe they are made by Linn Lumber Sawmills (they have a website but don't mention them on the site). I talked to them last summer about going to their location and seeing one in operation but they had just sold their demo model. I don't know if they are still making the mills. They looked to me like a mobile dimension clone.
Hoss

tree-farmer

Thank Hoss,
I went to the Dimensional site, the NC Forest service guy have on of these mill near my house. Always though it was a home built since it had a VDub engine. Have you or anyone one else out there used one of these? The one near by has not been opreational for a while, so I never saw it run.

Thanks for the info.
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Hoss

Tree Farmer,  I have never used a mobile dimension mill but I have seen them in operation. They are pretty slick for cutting dimensional lumber. There are a number of Forum members that have them. If you search the Forum for mobile dimension sawmills you will find a number of threads about them.
Hoss

scrout

Tree farmer,

Call Gary at Linn Lumber, near Sweethome Oregon.
I think he made 5 originals, but has stopped production.

Dont know if he kept one for himself or not.

Thank You Sponsors!