Sponsors:

sawmll shed begins!

Started by lyle niemi, August 17, 2012, 12:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALWOL

Wow, that's so bright it hurts!

How'd you come out with the water pump?

Alan
There's a big difference between staying busy and making money.

captain_crunch

Alan
You wouldnt be Alan from ACMOC would you ?
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

lyle niemi

Quote from: ALWOL on November 10, 2012, 08:37:35 PM
   Wow, that's so bright it hurts!

How'd you come out with the water pump?

Alan
I havnt pulled it off yet, it had quit leaking???? I wanted to get my new pieces on then try things out first then I will pull it off and get it rebuilt. PS where have ya been? havnt seen ya fur a while??

Woodchuck53

That's what I'm talking about. My first love is IH Farmall Red. Looking good all the way around. Thanks Lyle
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

ALWOL

Captain, don't think I'm that Alan. I'm just a poor farmer from southern Missouri.

Lyle, I've been around, but only looking. No time to post because of haying, combining and the usual farm work. Have done some logging so that I can saw all winter though!
   Looks like your 18 should work OK for the mill, but I think you already know that I prefer the "other" color.

Alan

gandrimp

Quote from: ALWOL on November 11, 2012, 05:28:02 PM
    Looks like your 18 should work OK for the mill, but I think you already know that I prefer the "other" color.

Alan

Kubota orange ?   ;D
LM2000

lyle niemi

I got the new shaft installed on the TD18. 

beenthere

Still making good progress.  8)

Having that roof over the mill has to feel pretty danG good when ya realize what the alternative would have been with that snow cover.

Going to use the TD18 to run the mill?  or is it going to be a crawler?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lyle niemi

Quote from: beenthere on November 17, 2012, 11:10:27 AM
Still making good progress.  8)

Having that roof over the mill has to feel pretty danG good when ya realize what the alternative would have been with that snow cover.

Going to use the TD18 to run the mill?  or is it going to be a crawler?
The roof is a good thing! as long as I can keep the snow off and the cold wind away I am happy. The 18 will be used to power the mill...I likes the power!

ALWOL

No such thing as to much power huh?

Oh, and yes I do like the WOOD-MIZER orange! I was kinda referring to John Deere green though.

lyle niemi

Hello fellas, I have been sawing more and more each day, Im still getting a few bugs out of the system but moving forward. Most of the bugs are in the conveyor system due to the cold weather. The mill itself is doing fantastic considering its a thousand years old..lol

lyle niemi

I hired my first hired hand for he mill, the young fela didnt last a day and a half...lol

beenthere

You wore him out, or he didn't make the grade?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Leigh Family Farm

Wow! Only a day and a half?! How much are you producing to wear out a youngster like that? Video would help...  ;)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

lyle niemi

Hello fellas,
This is just a little update, I almost got the TD18 ready to go on the mill.I got the water pump and the starter repaired and now the old girl starts right up. I just have to find one more pulley then we will be putting the 18 at its new home.
It's been a brutal winter up here so far so I didnt get as much sawing in as I thought I would but still made a few boards.
Im working on a deal for about a 100 loads of logs not to far from my place, should find out more this week.
We got the lumber planer completed but havnt run to many boards through yet, just waiting for it to warm up.
The mill is running pretty dang good, the lumber is coming out fairly true. There is lots of improvements I want to make on it this summer.
Oh ya, I had found another mill for sale not to far from my place, its a portable circle mill with a 350 cummins, I dont really need it but for some silly reason Im thinking I should buy it...lol must be the addiction kickin in..lol
I will try to get some pics in the near future....Lyle

bandmiller2

Lyle,sometimes you can buy a circular mill for far less than the saw blade is worth.Many times the power plant is worth far more than the asking price plus the mill/carriage parts. Frank C. 
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

lyle niemi

Quote from: bandmiller2 on January 28, 2013, 07:27:20 AM
Lyle,sometimes you can buy a circular mill for far less than the saw blade is worth.Many times the power plant is worth far more than the asking price plus the mill/carriage parts. Frank C.
Yep, thats what I was thinking to, the carridge is exactly the same as what I have now.

bandmiller2

Lyle, same carriage should equal same track you could stretch her out to do the long beams.Mayby couple the two carriages togather like a freight train. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

lyle niemi

I purchased another mill today, its got a conveyor for the sawdust and a 350 cummins for a power unit. Im going to haul it home tomorrow if the weather is OK.

beenthere

Congrats on the "new" mill. And hey, the weather looks great!! ;)
south central Wisconsin

Tree Feller

Congrats on the new mill, Lyle.

I think you only have two seasons up there where you are...snowy and muddy.   :D
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

lyle niemi

Quote from: Tree Feller on January 29, 2013, 08:55:01 PM
Congrats on the new mill, Lyle.

I think you only have two seasons up there where you are...snowy and muddy.   :D
Yep, it sure seems like that dont it..lol

thecfarm

Another mill????  Keep them coming.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lyle niemi

went and got the new old mill yesterday, we didnt break any speed limits..lol

thecfarm

I see the motor is under cover. What is the big plan for the "new"mill? Wait for warmer weather to play with it?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!