iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo x series

Started by Log-it-up, September 11, 2023, 09:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log-it-up

Has anyone bought or run any of the x series chainsaw mainly the cs 620 or cs7310
 Been a Husqvarna guy for a while but just looking out side the box 
Had a local tree service go from husky 562 to the 620 echo loves them not power the Husqvarna have but more reliable
 Thoughts on this anyone 

lxskllr

The X series is what they consider their pro saws, and best in class. Marketing really. I have the 2511t, but that's not in the same class of saw you're looking at. In addition, I have the non X series 355t, 400cs, and 490cs. I'm happy with every one of them. The 490 is probably the weakest of the group comparing to Stihl counterparts, but it's significantly cheaper, and still very capable. My 2511t is my favorite saw I own of any brand.

Old saw fixer

The Echo CS2511t is a handy little saw for sure! 
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

DaveP

I have been using a 620 with a 24 inch bar for four  months.  Very impressive.  Plenty of power and easy starting.

Davep

TroyC

I bought the CS 590 recently with the 24" bar. Also got a 20" bar and chain for it for 'normal' use. Only cut a few trees but it starts easy and cuts nice.

Bostonstrong

I have run the 7310s both stock and ported.  Running 28" bar.  Honestly, even stock, I find it holds up to the 462, 572 once you get it tuned/dialed in.  From the factory, it is de-tuned.  The down side is that for long hour production work, the case/plastics are inferior to Stihl and Husky, so durability is an issue.  But for the price, especially since in late winter, most Echo dealers have 15% sales, it is a bargain for the non-production user. 
"Men invent new ideals because they dare not attempt old ideals. They look forward with enthusiasm, because they are afraid to look back."
G.K. Chesterton

Bruno of NH

I have a 620 , 590 and 550
The Echo saws have been great to me .
Easy to work on and tune
I have done some add ons to the 590 so it's more like a 620
I find the plastic just as good as the Jonsered 2172 I had and didn't like. Traded it in for the 620
These saws get run daily by my help and I. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

ButchC

Quote from: Bostonstrong on September 13, 2023, 09:03:30 AM
I have run the 7310s both stock and ported.  Running 28" bar.  Honestly, even stock, I find it holds up to the 462, 572 once you get it tuned/dialed in. 
Hi, I not arguing against your experiance but the saw mill I work at part time bought a 7310. It was such a  dog compared to their 461 and 462 saws that they took it back and demanded their money back or another one. The dealer traded them for another another new one and its no different. Nobody will use it uness they have to. Im pretty sure my old 036 will run right beside a stock one in a cut.  Anyway you said yours has been modded, these are stock saws, I actually came close to buying one, glad I didn't after running two of them (stock)
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

sawguy21

Open up the muffler, tweak the carb and it's a whole new ball game.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!