iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Leave gas in unused chainsaw over the winter?

Started by FirewoodAl, January 22, 2018, 01:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

I would imagine that moose meat had a lot of bone some chips in it, and that would be the best part of the moose too. Don't think I would be very happy with a guide who did that, and yes I have quartered more that a couple moose in the woods, it's not that hard.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

olcowhand

My "Three- Seasons" are Fall, Winter and Spring; I don't run my saws in the summer, except to cut Cherry and oak into small pieces for the Smoker.
Willard, as always- you are spot on with good advice, as well as everyone else.
I'll try Canola oil, even though it's a product of the Evil Canadian's goal to take over the world (as if you would want to, with Canada possessing about 80% of the world's bounty; been there many times...).
For my official two cents (?) worth on the thread, I leave my saws with the fuel in them (the best gas I can get locally mixed with Stihl Synthetic), and if they start hard, I dump the fuel and replace from the can. I rarely have a problem.
I have not tried to start my new MS261 CM after a prolonged storage duration, so we'll see.
Thanks for a good thread......
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

maple flats

I use my 3 saws which see periods of non use of 1-12+ months at times. I use non ethanol gas and Husky regular mixing oil. In fact my Husky 365 has sat unused, with gas in the tank for at least 2 years at times. It still starts on 1,2 or sometimes 3 pulls, but most often 1 or 2.
I was told years ago the 2 cycle mixing oil has a stabilizer in it. I never had reason to doubt it.
When I get into cutting mode it gets used daily for about 8-10 days as I cut my wood supply for the house and the maple evaporator. The last time I used the 365 was when I had a real big dangerous tree to drop last fall, but I have no doubt it will start when needed, like it has for several years. It has a 34" bar with full skip chain and only gets used on big trees or logs.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!