iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Geese headin' south

Started by chet, April 11, 2018, 01:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

The first two flocks I've seen so far this spring were both headed south.  ::)  Now I know why. This NOA weather station is only about 4 miles from me. My son sent me this link from their local TV station.
Michigan's coldest temperature ever in April | Michigan
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kbeitz

Yep.... We had snow in the air again today... The frogs even shut up...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

chet

Quote from: Raider Bill on April 11, 2018, 04:07:30 PM
I turned my A/C on.
I just went out ta da garage and took da cover off da Harley, sat on it and dreamt of summer. :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Raider Bill

Quote from: chet on April 11, 2018, 04:23:15 PM
Quote from: Raider Bill on April 11, 2018, 04:07:30 PM
I turned my A/C on.
I just went out ta da garage and took da cover off da Harley, sat on it and dreamt of summer. :D
I'm riding across the state to West Palm Beach Friday for the weekend. I just bought a new shirt that's supposed to stop the sun and sweating. I'll let you know if it works. 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Al_Smith

Ohio,Indiana,parts of Iowa and Ill.  have a breed of the giant Canada goose that basically don't migrate .If you see them flocking it's a good sign nasty weather is afoot.If you see them return enmasse it's a good sign of a break in the weather .Better than the weather channel .
These are tough birds that can take 20 below to over 100 degree summer heat .

Thank You Sponsors!