iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New guys [and some old ones]

Started by bandmiller2, January 31, 2010, 07:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Its really nice if we know what part of the country your in and how old you are.You don't have to be specific we won't come over and drink up all your beer.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

STUMPKICKER

8)  I'm here in the picture province in Canuckistan, soon 2 B 49 but some days I don't feel it. Can't wait fer the weekends to get back to the woodlot- get some exercise and feel better, also to get some work done(on the you know what). ;D

John_Haylow

I like to see that as well Frank,especially the location.

John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Magicman

All of those "fill in the blanks" helps when you are answering questions, or even being neighborly..... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sdunston

Quote from: bandmiller2 on January 31, 2010, 07:15:07 AM
Its really nice if we know what part of the country your in and how old you are.You don't have to be specific we won't come over and drink up all your beer.Frank C.
No beer but burbon is good on a cold day in the great white northeast 8)
Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

pasbuild

Are we talkin a single malt or a blend?
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Chuck White

Info for any that didn't know!
You can click on "Profile" and your profile info will come up.
At that point, you can edit, either change, remove or add info.

As pointed out, it does help others when you ask questions, because of varying questions asked.
If someone asks "what is a fair price for sawing for someone", it's a lot easier to get a straight answer because that fee changes from one location to another!  Up here where I am, we get less per board foot than people in the South.

And who knows, you may have a sawyer who only live a few miles away and either they or you might need help from the other!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

customdave

Frank C !, Any forum member is welcome to stop by my shack & drink my beer anytime  ;D , when can I expect you Frank?!

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Coon

Yalls welcome at this redneck pad anytime..... don't think you'll get beer here either but I am sure I can dig up some Bow and Arrow Kool Aid.  ;)  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

bandmiller2

Super Dave thanks but thats a long haul for a little happy snap.I keep a bottle of old grand dad around for snow snake bites.Frank C.

Meadows Miller

I think youall know where i come from  ;) :D :D And WHY NOT Mate  ??? :o :( :'( :'( :'( I think  we need some help at times 80% of the beers drunk by 20% of the population downhere and some of them need a hand i reckon  ;)  :D :D :D :D and dont worry boys aslong as its cold ill be takn you all up on it if i can I may even go all the way to Canuckistan  :P Stumpkicker  ;) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

backwoods sawyer

It is always good to see more then east coast or west coast as well. By noting Oregon as a location, you can find that there are a lot of micro brews around the area, but it will not be so easy to find the recipe for "grandpa's apple pie" which is not quite the same as grandmas apple pie. ;D
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

STUMPKICKER

8) 
8)  To Frank and to whom else it may concern, you'll are more than welcome to come up and have a cold one. I may get ya to make a suds run from your side. I'll pay. ;D ;D We used to be able to bring back a 6 pack duty-free, now the duty on one is more than what you pay for it.  >:( M.M., if you 're ever up this way maybe you can bring some Foster's wiff ya, always willin' to try something new. Our daughter just got back from Europe and sent me a bottle of Black Sheep Ale...haven't gotten into it yet-waitin' fer the right time. Maybe the next fishin' trip.  ;D

bandmiller2

Wow I've got pit stops all over the country and Canada too.Frank C.

captain_crunch

Backwoods Sawyer
Camas Valley and microbrew ;D ;D ;D ;D Don't compute I was worried about them parts even with my Rodeo buckle as fitting in Thought that Phoney Beer set was all in Little Brekley(Eugene). Hope you get North once and a while would be glad to share a Colorado Kool aid or two with you 541-942-8160 or about 9 miles North of Curtin on Territorial
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

mcfcfan

You can see exactly where i reside if you check my profile the map at the bottom show my exact location in NZ.
P.S. always pleanty of beer in our fridge, plus a few other  smiley_beertoast smiley_beertoast items in the liquer cabinet.
Lee
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

BillBrooks

You can stop and see me anytime I will have plenty of beer and other drinks.
Bring your mill with you as I don't have one yet. With any luck I will it not to much time.
Brainerd Minnesota USA

Coon

bandmiller2, if'n my Bow and Arrow Kool Aid isn't strong enough for ya I am pretty sure I can bring out a bottle of Porch Climber.  I thinks ya need to come up her fer a tour maybe even some fishin' Remember this province holds the world records in both walleye and rainbow trout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOPX_fZcHHU

hope this works.

Now I don't mean for this video to be an advertisement.  I know some world class spots on this lake.  Caught some in the 30 lb range.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: captain_crunch on February 02, 2010, 10:18:40 PM
Backwoods Sawyer
Camas Valley and microbrew ;D ;D ;D ;D Don't compute I was worried about them parts even with my Rodeo buckle as fitting in Thought that Phoney Beer set was all in Little Brekley(Eugene). Hope you get North once and a while would be glad to share a Colorado Kool aid or two with you 541-942-8160 or about 9 miles North of Curtin on Territorial
Brian
The main rout will take you past all the Jesus freaks, but to find the micro brews in the valley you got to get off the beaten path a bit. I will be up in the Yoncalla area in a couple weeks or so.
I will also have the mill out at UCC for the “Tree school on the Umpqua” March 25th.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

captain_crunch

Backwoods Sawyer
Let me know when you get to Yoncolla that is only 20 miles south of me and I might come and pester ya ;D
Have you noticed the Mill set up in the Yard there at Sutherlin where they have the Auctions all the time?? Has a deck of Cedar there have never seen it running but noticed it when I was drooling over some of the equipment and junk at auction
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

backwoods sawyer

I stopped in there when he first pulled the mill in. It is an LT-40 with a 20' bed extension. That is old growth Redwood that he is hauling in from mills in California that he is tearing down and salvaging parts from. His watchman (the sawyer) has worked in several of the old smaller mills in the county. I bought my flatbed truck there at the I-5 Auction this summer and put a boom on it, I got the boom from Robinsons trading company in Sutherland. There is another mill just west of Sutherland (Pacific custom milling) he is running a Cooks mill and edger, they are an offshoot of Oakland lumber, I always stop in and have coffee with them when I have the mill out in that area as well.
I will give you a call when I get a milling date set for Yoncalla.
Have you been thru Swanson's mill up on Noti?

captain_crunch

Backwoods Sawyer
I have done most all the pump work for Swanson But other than wandering thru mill hunting someone not much looking. Kinda embarraseing to lived in Oregon all my life and be as Ignorant about a Mill as I am :( :( I always lived on the other end you know the From the Stump to the Dump Guys ;D ;D Guess that is why I like sawing just to see what is inside them things. But after even as little as I have cut sure changes your attitude about log scalers and deducts :o :o :o
But I have two friends localy that help me one is a Millrite and the other one is Head Saw Filer at Weyco's hardwood mill. Carl has offered to take my blade to work and hammer it if need on his lunch break but he said the way it cuts with only a 40 hp tractor for power has to be running quite true now

Thank You Sponsors!