iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by bigriver, January 05, 2011, 10:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigriver

Hello everyone have been reading ff for a while lots of good info.I have just bought a lt35 mill going to pickup monday would like to know if anyone knows what the average prices are being charged in north fl by the hour and bd foot have quite a bit of cypress,oak and pine of my on that i plan on sawing if anyone has any ideas on prices for green cut.I am Located at the head of the apalachicola river.

paul case

welcome to the ff.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

First, Welcome to the Forestry Forum bigriver.  Which "big river" are you close to?

Saw prices in Mississippi range from $160 to about $300 per Mbf.  Hourly rates are from $25 to about $75 depending upon many variables.  My prices fall in the mid range.

You may tend to panic at first when you think about your sawmill cost and all of the support items.  You can't recoup it on the first few jobs, so don't try.  Your customer base will grow as you get more experience.  Past customers are your best advertisement and asset for future growth.  Concentrate on producing a quality product.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Buck

Welcome! Sounds like you need to go shopping.  Get out and shop for the very thing you are thinking of producing.  
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Welcome to The Forum Bigriver  ;) ;D 8) You have a good little mill there and it sounds like you will have some good logs to saw also Mate  ;) ;D

With pricing Magics said it  all   ;) there is a pretty wide range of prices charged across the board based on what you need to earn to make it viable for yourself Mate  ;) over here its about $235 to $280 per thousand for contract milling pine for large orders  ;) Im $88 per hour for For just Me and the Lucas if Im doing a portable job too Mate  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

ladylake

Magic has it covered good, call some mills in your area and ask what they charge if you can't find any charge a little on the higher side.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Bigriver.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Busy Beaver Lumber

Welcome to the forum Bigriver
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

wannasaw

Welcome to the forum Bigriver. N. Fla. Big river is the St. Johns, are you anywhere close. I was raised on it and have since moved to S. Ga. Folks around here don't argue with $300/thousand but when they supply a good bit of the labor transport ect... they get 250/thousand depending on the logs..after the sawing...never before. Hope that helps. I'm kinda new to sawing also but have been busy as you want to with those prices since april. Tom has been sawing in our area a long time and He is always willing to help. Good luck and let me know if I can help in anyway.MJ
LT28 70something Int'l Backhoe loader  Kubota L285, Husky 55, F-250 7.3, 12'x6' single axle trailer, Kubota RTV900 w/remote hyd. Iron will...

bigriver

For those who asked I am located on the apalahicola river just below lake seminole.

DanG

Hey Bigriver, I'm your neighbor across the creek, just south of Chattahoochee.  It's good to see a new guy so close by!  I know you must be excited about that new mill, especially if it is your first one.  Do you have sawing experience, or just breaking into it?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!