iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 question

Started by BigZ La, October 22, 2017, 10:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigZ La

I've read and read and can't seem to find the answer. How wide will a Norwood 2000 cut?  Heard about one for sale and was wondering about it. Thanks for anyone who can answer. Jeff

Rickcnc

Max Log Diameter 31 inches
Mas width boards sawn 24 inches

Skip

24 inches in.. if you hold your tongue just right (old saying)  ;D

BigZ La

Thank you for the info. That's big enough for what I would need.

Treehack

Quote from: BigZ La on October 23, 2017, 08:36:37 AM
Thank you for the info. That's big enough for what I would need.

(old saying).  Generally occurs just prior to encountering a log that is too big.  :D
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

Weekend_Sawyer

The Norwood 2000 is a very good mill for a manual mill.
I have been running mine trouble free for 15 years.

Enjoy
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Skip

Alberta Wolf

I have a LM2000 and a wonderful little machine,She is bought and paid for in one payment.And there is no other mill that would do what this mill does for me.Cause I have another mill called a 'Trim Saw' and also got a 'Beam machine' and my late father circle mill but it takes 2 men to operate it where as my mill well it just me.The trim saw well it needs a little work so I'm going to horse trade to a guy I know that want a band mill.As for the beam machine I'll leave it where it is ,hanging in the shed.Check out the Norwood sawmill forum and see what the comments are like on the LM2000.It cuts everything I want or need to cut.Had mine for about 12 years and still as faith full as the day I bought it.And that is thing next to the wife that I will never lend.That means NEVER EVEN THINK ABOUT ASKING TO BORROW THAT MILL. :)  

Thank You Sponsors!