iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need some suggestionson, which one to trade in for a new tractor

Started by campwags, September 26, 2017, 05:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

campwags

I have two tractors.  I need to decide which one to trade in as I will be getting a new one.

I own a sawmill and do logging and woods work.  I also move dirt from one spot to another often.  So a lot of loader work, Rock rake and grapple.  I have a large Farmi skidding winch and grapple for tree work.

My tractors:  A 2004 Kioti DK65s with 490 hours that will need the clutch replaced. Apparently, that is somewhat common on this make and year.  Being a woods tractor there is some cosmetic issues and the loss of some glass on the cab.
The other tractor is a 2010 Massey Ferguson 1533 with 240 hours on it.  The only problem with this tractor was a Dump/Tilt issue with the loader which has been taken care of.  I don't really care for the MF as it has never really lived up to my expectations.  Not as solid or well-made as my Kioti. 
My choice is to either trade in the Kioti DK65 and get a Kioti NX6010 or 5010 or trade in the MF and get an equally sized Kioti. 

Now to choose, do I keep the DK65 and replace the clutch at about $2000-3000 or trade in the DK?  I won't get as much trade value on it due to its condition.  The MF will get, I hope better trade in value and the replacement will cost less allowing me to replace the clutch on the DK.  It is never easy parting with your "Tools" and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

TKehl

Quote from: campwags on September 26, 2017, 05:08:24 PM
I don't really care for the MF as it has never really lived up to my expectations. 

The MF will get, I hope better trade in value and the replacement will cost less allowing me to replace the clutch on the DK.

Sounds like a done deal to me.  Bye bye MF.
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Ed_K

I had a 2001 MF 1433. I feel that it is to small of a tractor for woods work. Pushed me down the hills to many times  :D . I traded it in on a 5860 Landini. I wish that I had bought a 90 hp. Not that you need 90 hp but the extra weight would be great.
Ed K

nativewolf

my only suggestion for that sort of work is to look at the orchard tractor models that are already armored and fit well in the woods.  JD, NH both make good ones.  Landini makes another, not as common but a good compact tractor.
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!