iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bedroom dresser replacement

Started by GF, December 13, 2009, 08:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF

Since the bedroom dresser with the mirror seemed to not really be of any use, I built a new dresser with a hutch on top instead of a mirror.
This was some red oak I had cut from an area where a friend was going to build a steel building.

Burlkraft

Awesome job GF   8)  8)  8)

You got a lot more storage now.

Good work!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

fishpharmer

GF, you don't care if its steel or wood,  you do a great job building.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

pigman

That sure is beautifull.  I know what you mean about the mirror; I don't like to look at my face either. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

metalspinner

That's a big project!  Nicely done , too. :)

Is the casework solid oak?  About how many BF of rough sawn do you think you used?
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

SwampDonkey

Looks spectacular GF. Always enjoy the little story behind a piece to.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

GF

Metalspinner,
The casework is also solid oak ran through my molding machine.  The unit is 7' tall by 6' long, it two pieces that sit on top of one anther (had to get it in the door)  :D

Also I got tired of the cheap so called drawer slides that purchased  bedroom furniture has.  Sure is nice to have some bearing drawer slides.

Gary

ljmathias

Ah, GF, now you make me feel like the amateur I truly am... beautiful and looks very functional as well.

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Lud

Mighty fine work.   Very craftsmanlike.
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

WDH

Awesome is right!  The finish is beautiful!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!