iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What did you say?

Started by WV Sawmiller, April 03, 2018, 06:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

t   zsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddd

(Quinn, my 15 month old grandson decided to include his input)

Last week I decided to clean out the wax in my ear. Of course the doctors all say not to use a Q-Tip in your ear canal but what do they know anyway? I managed to push a big plug of ear wax in deep enough it pretty much blocked all my hearing in my right ear. Did that once before but my doctor was able to flush it out. This time I could not get an appointment last week and had a sawing job scheduled this week so I had to try to fix it myself. I got one of those ear kits with the little syringe and some drops and read on the internet some suggestions to help.

I finally settled on a few drops of baby oil in my ear at night to soften the wax in there then used the syringe filled with soapy water to rinse it out. Actually had to do that a couple days before it worked well enough to remove the offending clog. Sure feels better to be able to hear at least as well as I did before.

I guess I will use that method in the future to keep them clean rather try the Q-tip again.

BTW - it is a proven fact that the tone of voice most women use when criticizing their husbands just happens to be the exact range where most men just happen to be deaf. Who'd of thunk it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

starmac

Try the ear candles available at health food stores, you will be amazed at what they pull out of your ear and much better than trying to wash anything out.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

WV Sawmiller

Starmac,

Thanks for the suggestion but after reading up on it I think I will pass and use the baby oil/syringe method. Sticking hollow burning wax things in my ear makes me a little nervous.

I remember getting a haircut in Dubai on my way to or from Afghaniland one time they filled my ears with wax to remove the hairs in my ear and the barber (??) broke off one of the woodenhandled Q-tip thingees in my ear. The barber was running around trying to figure how to get it out and I reached on my belt and pulled out my Leatherman I always carried an we pulled it out with the pliers on them. I kept hearing the old Ray Steven's haircut song in my head.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

starmac

You should try the candle, if you want the wax out, if you have never done it before you will not believe how much and how big of pieces it will pull out.
Your head or ear will not even notice it is on fire anyway.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Chuck White

X2 on the candles, they really do work!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

doctorb

I have found Cerumenex to be helpful.  Cerumen is the medical term for earwax.  It's one of several over-the-counter products that help emulsify earwax buildup.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Raider Bill

I use hydrogen peroxide in a eye dropper. Few drops is all you need.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WV Sawmiller

Raider,

I tried the hydrogen peroxide (twice). Nice bubbly sound but it did not clear my clog. I had to use the baby oil overnight and flushed with soapy water twice before it worked.

DrB,

There were drops with the kit that may have been the cerumenix or not.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!