iDRY Vacuum Kilns

I think i'm a geek also EBAY USERS BEWARE!

Started by Jeff, October 27, 2003, 07:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Favorite websites.

http://www.dnsstuff.com
first try
http://www.whatismyip.com

Then you can use it on the first address.

second,
If you use Ebay, Trash ANY email that comes that says they need ifo from you. DO NOT DO IT. As real as it may appear, it is not.

I used my two favorite websites tonight on the last one I got. Everything appeared right. links even who it was from in the source code pointed to the ebay server. BUT I ran the I.P. address and guess where that pointed?  The Czech republic. Yea, thats where i want to send my ebay login info.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Steve

Jeff, I've been seeing the same thing with the phoney ebay emails wanting you to update your Payapl password and such. Thanks a bunch for those links I will keep them handy.

Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

florida

I had a friend fall for one of those emails. She had to change all her ebay passwords, user ID, etc, as well as credit card number. Lots of hassle and now she is involved with Homeland Security. Seems that the information is being used to create fake identities to get people into the US.

General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Fla._Deadheader

Hi florida. Tell us more about yerself. You into woodworking or Sawing???
   Like the Turkey pic. Someday, I gotta try to bag one.
   We are over on the east coast, Vero Beach, Sebastian.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

welcome to the forum, Florida.

I like the picture too.  I changed the size on the profile picture cause it was blowing the screen size.  They need to be 100 pixels or less.

Looking forward to more from you. :)

florida

Deadheader and Tom,
Thanks for the welcome!  I've been reading the forum for several months now . After reading all the current posts I started at the back and am sorry to say that I have now read from back to front. Guess I'll have to start over.
I'm in Fort Myers on the southwest coast. We live on the Orange River off the Caloosahatchee east of town on 20 acres. I went to Valdosta 5 or 6 years ago with a friend and fell in love with the sawmills there. I'd been reading about portable band saws for many years in Mother Earth News but never saw one in action until then.
I'm a 57 year old general contractor who rarely uses wood anymore. Concrete blocks, cement siding, plastic trim, etc. I'm ready for wood again. I spend most of my spare time hunting or in the woods taking pictures.  We had over 7,000 acres leased for hunting for may years but have lost all but 390 to developers. The spot where I took the picture of the turkey has been bulldozed and had 2 feet of fill put on. In any given month we have in Lee county and the adjacent two counties 10 new golf courses been developed. Over 30 new golf course communities a year with no end in sight. Great for construction but lousy for those of us who love the peace and quiet of the woods.
Nothing here to saw but pine and cypress and not much cypress.
Retired now!

Tom

Florida,
My Brother's, wife's, little sister's husband  :D  lives in your backyard.  You even sound as if you might be him, er, he, er ...  

He owns a Cook saw and has been trying to get into sawing more with each day.  He has been interested in Cypress but can't find any.  I've been looking for a place in N. Florida for him to get some but have not had much luck.  Most of the cypress is mulched before it reaches sawlog sizes now.  Lots of sawlogs are being ground up and few of the mulch companies are sawing.

Perhaps I can get you two together.  You would probably have a good conversation.  He is also a turner and makes wooden bowls.  Charlie say's that he is pretty doggone good.  :)

florida

Tom,
He sounds like my kind of guy. Where does he live? I have found some huge cypress trees in my walks through th ewoods thta the loggers missed when they cut over this area in the twenties. Of course no one can touch them now but they sure are pretty. Most of our cypress is very old and very small, very few sawlogs. Lots of the heads still have sawable wood that was left from then but it would be real hard to get out. Other than that we're left with pine, Australian pine and malaluca. I sawed some small malaluca 20 years ago and make some real nice boards but it sure didn't dry well.
Retired now!