iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kids sled

Started by Wlmedley, October 14, 2022, 09:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

I made a teddy bear rocking chair for my first great niece.  made simple benches for the ones to come and worried they would all want the rocking chair.  lots more work.  Nope the first one wanted a simple bench since everyone got one.  I explained that she got the nice rocker and she agreed, but very sweetly said she would also like a bench.  I got it.  She was not "evil" or selfish.  so I made her one.  better asses how many grandkids ect. may want one int the future.  do not throw away the jigs.  the rocker was made from a spalted dead standing oak cut down from the house that my wife's aunt and grandmother lived in.  so 5 generations.  she got a letter telling the history of the family spanning that time.  she was just walking when she got the chair.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Wlmedley

4 days till Christmas and the sled is finally finished.Two coats of spar urethane with a little sanding between coats and hopefully good to go.Burnt my initials and year on the bottom.Got it in the house now to finish drying.Had it in the garage with a small electric heater blowing on it so it doesn't smell to bad.Put two SS eyes on front to hook rope to.Now I can concentrate on getting house cleaned up and some Christmas dinner preparations.

Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Magicman

That is an awesome project and will become a family treasure.  thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Looks great, but you do need some snow for some real pics.   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Wlmedley

Weatherman says we will probably get a little snow Friday with pretty cold temperatures so if my little buddy makes it up here Christmas and he isn't sick I'll take a few pictures of him on it  :laugh:
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

doc henderson

what a perfect gift and Christmas.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Walnut Beast

Wlmedley

Very little snow so we tried sled out in the house.It seems to fit him pretty good 

😊 

doc henderson

looks great and he can grow a bit and still use it.  perfect!

Walnut Beast

Looks like it was a hit! #hand crafted 💪! 

Brad_bb

I'm late to this party, but that is cool!  Great execution!
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Looks like you got 'the money shot' right there!
 Please do take another one when you get him out into the wild. That could make a good wall hanger of a photo.
 It sure does make all that work worthwhile when you see the smile, don't it?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

So awesome. It must be such a great thing to have a Grand dad, and for  Grand parents to have Grand children, especially at Christmas.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I'm still up for adoption.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Wlmedley

Hopefully before winter is over we will have a good snow and I can get him outside to try it out.My son and daughter in law brought him up yesterday with out a heavy coat and no shoes planning to stay inside and a short distance between car and back door.He's a handful and wore me out yesterday but I love every minute of it.

21incher

That smile on his face says it all. Beautiful job.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Crusarius

MM, I would adopt you just to get a fraction of your knowledge.

Thank You Sponsors!