iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Corley 395

Started by Prowler, July 26, 2012, 03:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prowler

First time poster here and wanting some info about the rebuild of a Corley 395 by Dave_ (December 2010). I understand this is old information but I curious how that rebuild went and if there were follow-up photos of the process.

My father-in-law retrieved a Corley 395 from a field in Kentucky and is beginning to refurbish it. We have the picture of the intact Corley Model 395, and the Corley Mfg Service Rep, Vivian, has been more than helpful.  She is sending out a care package to assist in putting this thing together.

I'll try "again" to send a few pics of some of the stuff my father-in-law brought home. My first try didn't work out.

Thanks for any information.

Jeff

Prowler, here is a link with instructions on how to post photos.  I'm afraid PDF's are not allowed as a means to post a photo due to the huge file sizes.  If you need further help with photos, there is plenty of help available for the asking. Once you know how, its easy.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,56957.msg827087.html#msg827087
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Prowler

Thanks for the assist, Jeff. I'll give it a try.

Bogue Chitto

I am a Wood-Mizer man, but welcome to F.F.  ;D

beenthere

Yes, Welcome to the Forum.

Here is the thread by Dave_

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=47388.0

Also, click on Dave_ 's name and review some of his recent posts.

There are some links and pics that may help. See this one, at least.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,56589.msg820175.html#msg820175
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Prowler

Thanks, Bogue & BeenThere -  Thanks for the welcome.

The links you sent look interesting. Always good to see other ways and other machines. Once I am able to get some info regarding the Corley 395, I'll probably step back and let my 82 year old father-in-law do his thing.

On a side note, the price tags on replacement parts for these old machines is staggering. My father-in-law won't go that direction, however. If he can't fix it and it's a vital part ... he'll make a new one.

Good luck.

Dave_

Welcome aboard Prowler!  Our Corley re-build has been delayed because we've gotten caught up in a bunch of other projects.  We plan to put her back together next summer.  Vivian was a great help to me as well.  She sent me a blueprint of a similar mill for set-up info.  Plus, she sent some cool Corley decals 8) 

I'll post pics of the re-build when the time comes. 

Prowler

"I'll post pics of the re-build when the time comes. "

I'll look forward to that.

My father-in-law says he wants to make this a two year refurbish, giving him something productive to do on his lax days. Knowing him, he will slam head first into this project and work after the sun goes down.

He put together a smaller mill two years ago, although it wasn't nearly as scattered about and "froze up" as bad as this Corley 395.

Have a good weekend

Thank You Sponsors!