iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Patu 400SH

Started by timberjack230d, June 10, 2014, 02:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack230d

Hi Guys, I am thinking of buying a Patu 400SH as an upgrade to the good old chainsaw. I will be cutting hardwood and softwood on my own woodlot so high production is not a must. What I would like is for some opinions on this model both good and bad. In conversation with the guy who owns it, he says the saw sensor is bypassed because he had it replaced and it only lasted for a short time. He says its fine as long as you be careful and make sure the bar is home before you roll the log through. He also says the head wont automatically stop at the preset lengths. You have to watch the screen and manually stop at the right length. He thinks it can be setup in the computer but he doesnt know how.
     Any opinions on this? Thanks in advance for your time.
Timberjack 230D
Hakki 1x37
Belarus 825 w/logging winch
Stihl 260
Husqvarna 562 XPG
Pioneer Partner 5000 Pro
Rottne Enviro log Harvester

furltech

i just sold two of them .as far as the saw sensor goes i would not worry too much about that once you get used to it just take it slow .I did find it faster then the chainsaw but i found lots less aggravation with the saw.they are really good strong limbers .and if you are just cutting eight foot just run the stroke three times it gives you 99.5 inches bang on every time .i took the measure wheel off and it seemed to be way faster just counting strokes .any other questions i can help with shoot me a pm .and the presets can be set but i dont remember just off the top of my head how to do it .nova in windsor are the dealers they will help you if you call .but i only think one guy down there knows much about them .

timberjack230d

Thanks for your reply. I will pm you if I have any questions. Thanks again.
Timberjack 230D
Hakki 1x37
Stihl 260
Husqvarna 562 XPG
Pioneer Partner 5000 Pro

Bobus2003

Had a 1600 Link Belt with a Patu 410SH head, worked great for doing post and pole.. Was way faster than chainsaw (working P-pine). Sold the machine 2 years ago and it went to eastern Quebec.

timberjack230d

Thanks for your input! Anybody else have any experience with these stroke heads?
Timberjack 230D
Hakki 1x37
Stihl 260
Husqvarna 562 XPG
Pioneer Partner 5000 Pro

huskyxp

I can tell you a bit about them if you want to PM me a contact #, I'm also in ns and owed the 2 furl had, have since sold and moved to roller head

Thank You Sponsors!