iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber thief article.

Started by Steven A., December 30, 2007, 04:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

Must be the subtle difference between red neck and southern. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Steven A.

:D ;D :)

Yep!
Happy this is a forum where we can kid a bit without offense being taken.
Hope you had a fine southern meal today including blackeyed peas, have a great new year!

LeeB

>:( No blackeyes today. I'm off at work in Egypt right now and they don't do the blackeye thing. They do fix them now and again, but it would make a Southern boy cry to see it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SwampDonkey

I had black beans in my chop suey. Does that count? ;D

What is a black eye pea? We have a yellow eye baking bean.  ;) 8)

We like soldier beans better though. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

just_sawing

The problem here in TENN is when my Mom and Dad caught a neighboro logging a ancestral home the DA Tommy Thomson refused to procicute saying that stealing some logs wasn't worth there time. (50 year old stand of Mixed Hard Wood 11 acres)
My parents refused to go cival wanting crimminal charges to be pursued. They finally went one day to court after years of delay to find that the charges had been dismissed (7 Years )
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

SwampDonkey

Some of these thieves know how the law works and low probability of prosecution.

A $5 bill is worth more than a $800 bird's eye maple tree.  ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Coon

Well I never got those pics sent to me so I had someone else go check to see if there are even any logs there.  Yup there is a big pile of tree length logs there to amount of 40-50,000 bdft.  Gotta go there and get some of my own pics and then go to the police.  I am probably not going to be able to do anything with these logs until the whole thing gets all settled.  Now is the time to decide what Iam going to saw out of them trees..... dimensional lumber to sell???  Maybe a small log home????
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

There was an old gentleman up river that owned about 600 acres in one big chunk of land. A neighbor or I assume friend lived on the front in a shack. Between the friend/neighbor and different loggers over the years with the consent of the old man's daughters they raped the place. The old man died and it wasn't long after that his daughters both passed on as well. The daughters were money hungry types, lived in luxury, divorced their husbands and couldn't keep up the life style so they went after the wood for $$.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Furby

Better hurry before he starts hauling the logs away Coon. ;)

ely

coon, take the sheriff out there and also put a lean against any of the equip. used to steal the timber. i know the logger may not have known he wa sstealing but still he should have known. here the landowner has to have their signature on the timber sale contract or it is not a valid document. the lean will make the logger get into gear helping to reslove the issue, if he can just load his stuff up and go to the next job he may be unconcerned about the outcome.

Thank You Sponsors!