iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

518 cat skidder

Started by coxy, September 18, 2019, 06:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

we have a 92-93 with the cat winch with the new style control we was having trouble with it winching in when it was cold you would have to play with the control and listen for 2 clicks in the winch then you was good to go after it was wormed up you was good no need to do the 2 clicks now after we had someone put the new tranny in it now its a mess it will not stop winching in in less its in the full free spool position I checked the lines from our other skidder they all look hooked up the same im at a loss i would rather deal with a gearmatic winch than this thing  our other skidder is an 89 but the control has an electric solenoid hooked in the lines what is the reason for that thanks any help would be great paul 

mills

Wish I could help, but I never did figure mine out. It's an "86", so more aligned with your "89". It got to doing the same thing, and like you said, winches in for a minute or so and then returns to normal. Digging into to mine I found the solenoid you're talking about, but the wires to had been cut. I didn't do it, so it had to have been done before I bought it. I have an extensive repair manual that not only shows repair steps, but also gives detailed information on how components work. It never mention this solenoid being in the circuit. :-\ Figured my problem was in the control valve, but the winch never got any worse so I quit worrying about it. Sorry.

Thank You Sponsors!