iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lT50 Shipped 1st Week of Apr — Still no mill

Started by widetrackman, Today at 02:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

widetrackman

After 15 months was notified 3 Apr mill was in production. On Apr 6 dealer called to come and get it. 4 hours later was called and told not to come as WM had shipped without Debarker, HD blade guides, Seat and Blades. After 2-3 weeks dealer finnally got a Debarker . guess what? Debarker won't work, tripping circuit breaker. Still don't have Mill as of today 9 May 24. A WOOD MIZER SNAFU AT ITS BEST smiley_thumbsdown 

Nealm66

Dang, that sucks. I've got one  that's supposed to be here in October and guess I should cross my fingers 

Old Greenhorn

I would look at that more as a blessing than a curse. They will get it working properly before turning it over to you. This is much batter than you winding up with a new machine and finding issues then trying to debug yourself over the phone.
 If they are popping that breaker while milling a log, tell them to call me and for a small gratuity I will tell them how to fix it. ffcheesy If the breaker is just popping when they try to run the motor, then they have a different issue.
 Let them take the time to get it right in their shop where it goes much faster, they have new parts and all the WM resources available. You and your machine are much better off that way.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SawyerTed

I wrote a reply but lost it.

OG's last paragraph pretty much sums up what I said.  

My first mill had a major hydraulic leak from a bad casting in the valve body.   We found it at the end of the Woodmizer new owner training.  The entire valve body had to be replaced.  That was in 2018 before the supply chain issues.  

Granted that delay was only a couple of days but I was glad we found the problem and the dealer took the time to make it right. 

That doesn't mean you shouldn't periodically remind them you are waiting.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

widetrackman

Well what I didn't tell was on the 7 May again was called to come and get it. Drove a 120 mi. And started training and noticed no chair mounted, no Hd Guides, however Debarker was tripping circuit breaker. Had them order me the Guides and mount the chair returned home without Mill. To ease the pain they gave me a 15 box of blades and will deliver Mill when fixed. Nice folks but need to checkout things closer. The issue here was caused 100% by Wood Mizer's lack of quality control, what happened to " we run every Mill before shipping".

Thank You Sponsors!