iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill insurance

Started by woodchip, August 04, 2003, 11:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodchip

Trying to find insurance on my portable sawmill.All of the local agents haven,t been much help.Any info will be appreciated. 8)

wscott

woodchip
 i am thinking about buying a mill that sells around 35m and i went to a locate indenpent ins man. he asked a few questions and then call someone. the cost is about 850dollars per year and it is like car insurance. after the first year the cost goes down a little also the coverage goes down some. i am going back to talk to them about an over all insurance policy that would cover everything else.

wscott
You should always marry a ugly girl, when she leaves you, you want feel so bad.

mhasel

Woodchip,

I have mine added to our farm equipment policy, if you have a local agent who deals in agriculture they should be able to help. It was no different than adding a tractor, all they needed was a serial number, description and value.

Mike

Kevin

We have to get Jeff to quit his job and become an international insurance broker for the new Forestry Forum Sawyers Co-op.

Jeff

Part 1: No problem
Part 2: Huh?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodmills1

A policy to cover the mill for liability and damage while towing is I think called an inland marine policy.  This is not the same as having liability coverage for operating the mill.  that would be part of any comprehensive business liability policy as long as the agent/company takes the time to figure what you usually do.   As I have said the Farm family insurance company will write a sawmill liability policy if you have land and also use them for your whole insurance package.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Kevin

What, you haven`t heard?
Your new Co-op is going to look after all our sawing needs.
Instead of farm and feed it will be sawyers and sawdust.
Now that's an adventure!

woodchip

Thank You Sponsors!