iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawdust chute upgrade, 1986 mill

Started by mmartone, February 24, 2013, 08:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

Got my box in the other day, ordered a chute kit, and 2 guards that didnt come. A little cutting and welding and bam, the chutes on my old 1986 mill and works great! While loading a large pine log the cable broke and that sucker rolled down the ramp pretty quick, nobody is allowed there while loading so no injuries. We put on a new piece of cable and back to work.

Now to wait on my guards...
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Chuck White

mmartone;

Lookin' good!

What guards are you talking about?

If it's blade stoppers, just look at your second pic, now on the flat bottom of the sawdust exit, just go back in about ¾ of an inch and drill two holes up through, about ¾ inch apart (side-by-side) install 2 bolts about 1½ long.

Use two nuts on each bolt, one on the bottom side of the sawdust chute and one on the top side of the sawdust chute, that you drilled through.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mmartone

My mill didnt come with the belt guards for the engines pulley and the main pulleys on the drive side shaft...
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

octam1

Thats the same sawdust chute we used on our 86' and it worked out really well... when we did ours we closed in the sides and also took the expanded metal off of the bottom of the housing and closed it in with a piece of metal... we mounted ours a little bit different but it worked out really well and it flips up for travel too...

picture of the chute down for use

bungied up and out of the way

sawdust chute in operation

Looks good! it should work out well for you, we where happy with the way ours turned out.

KnottHead Custom Sawing & FabWorx
Ceres/Twain Harte CA.

WoodMizer LT40SHDG38 w/AS2 & Debarker
Lucas 8-20 Swinger w/60" Slabber & Planer
Solar/Dehumidifier Kiln in the worx
Stihl - 2x 026's, 044, 046, 2x 066, MS660, 2x 088 & 3x 075AV

mmartone

I was cutting some pine tonight and it was a little breezy, had to put on a shield but its far and away better than without the chute! That expanded metal bottom was horrible, sawdust blowing everywhere. Got my top belt guard, still waiting on the outside guard.

Thank You Sponsors!