iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

red pine/ pulp wood

Started by moosehunter, September 14, 2005, 07:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

Do any of you know the name/ phone # of the pulp wood plant in PA? I know the two locals haul their red pine pulp trees to PA but do not know where.
I have let numerous messages to both but they must be to busy to call me back.
I would like to call they buyer direct to see if they have another trucking co. that would pick up my logs.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Ed_K

M.H. have you tried Finch & Pryn in Glenns Falls? They where buyin a month ago.
Ed K

nyforester

Finch in Glens Fall, New York  does not buy any pine. They only buy hemlock & hardwood (very little oak and poplar). IP in Ticonderoga, NY will buy all species.

moosehunter

Thanks for the input. I think Ticonderoga is too far away, but if I had had contact info I would give them a call.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

nyforester

Here is a number for the office at the mill.
518-793-4481

scale house number is,
518-585-5308.

Good Luck .....

SwampDonkey

Yeah, it's difficult to market red pine pulp here also. I think there is one plant here that grinds it up for other uses. They take tree length for $44/tonne and pay you for utility poles if there are some in the tree lengths.  They make alot of value added products. They also buy logs separated. We don't have alot of red pine, in fact the only red pine in my region are plantations. All our natural stands grow on red clay sandy soils which we don't have in Carleton County.

http://www.marwood.ca
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

nyforester

Here in Upstate NY we also have telephone pole markets and veneer plywood markets for Red Pine, in addition to the logs and pulpwood markets. We have many plantations around the state that were planted during the CCC days. What a great program that was !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!