iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new shirt

Started by tule peak timber, December 01, 2020, 09:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

Quote from: Walnut Beast on May 06, 2021, 10:16:44 PM
Quote from: tule peak timber on May 06, 2021, 10:25:41 AM
A view of Anton Larson Bay where I was able to hit 75ft of water depth from the shore. Quiet with only the sound of a thundering waterfall across the bay from me. I had a short period of sun then back to rain, I also noted the number of dead or sick bald eagles. Quite a large bird and up close the skeletal remains of the beak and skull are bigger than my outstretched hand. The poor guy in the photo just standing on the roadside waiting to die.
Anton Larson Bay AK 4 28 2021 - YouTube

What's the problems with the Eagles
I wish I knew. Very sad to see such majestic birds sick and dead on the beach,,,,,, :'(
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Walnut Beast

I totally agree. Each and every person needs to help conservation of nature and animals 

tule peak timber

Sanding and proof coating this morning. The proof coat is a thin layer of penetrating epoxy that pops the figure and allows any flaws to be detected and corrected before build up of the final coatings. Meanwhile AJ and Tony are sawing up some doug fir patio timbers.

21incher

Wow. Amazing work. Hope it's  going into a museum. Thanks for sharing.  
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Nebraska

Thank you for the pictures Wizard. It amazes me what  you can create.  Next trip up you'll get some good fish pictures... :)

ron barnes

That is some amazing figure in those pieces.  Beautiful.

tule peak timber

Thanks for the comments guys. The round table is going to a repeat customer that has been shopping here for years.I am awaiting some more museum pieces that should hit pretty soon.The wood is in the kiln- just waiting. We are crating up the big gates today for shipping and will get the second set of gates in later this week.
   I'm talking to a realtor today about building a house 4000 highway miles away from where I live. Is it sanity check time ???

Magicman

Quote from: tule peak timber on May 10, 2021, 09:41:41 AM4000 highway miles away from where I live. Is it sanity check time
I doubt that many of us could pass a sanity check..::)

That has to be the most artistic and beautiful table that has ever been built.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nebraska

Magicman

Quote from: tule peak timber on May 10, 2021, 09:41:41 AMI'm talking to a realtor today about building a house 4000 highway miles away from where I live.
Where on Kodiak would that be?? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

It is 20 minutes West of the town proper. Not remote in any sense of the word. Views, end of the road,good access........Enough room for a trailer boat, garage, storage.I'm still very early in the process....
I still need a lot of questions answered before I pull the trigger and start a project like this.A view from the property.

samandothers

Well, that there is a pretty view!

JJ

Is that view down town?

JJ

tule peak timber

The view is not downtown . Kodiak is up the left hand side of the bay in this view.The peninsula in the distance is called "Cliff Point" and has some extraordinarily beautiful real estate for sale. I had originally gone to Kodiak to look at a few acres on the point, but I am not able to handle the "nose bleed" prices, not to mention the yearly taxes.

tule peak timber

So, this is going to be published on the internet on Friday and it's only befitting that FF members get to see the rough draft first. It is an article on the Mingei Museum upgrade. Link to article below:
 https://mingei.org/stories/transformation/tule-peak-timber?x-craft-preview=vFSQBN4Vq6&token=X6yzAD0zV0j8jqXP-diPPHP5axuqYMV0

doc henderson

that is a nice write up Rob.  great work.  WOC!  hope more projects like that get you a place on the other side of the country.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

tule peak timber

Thanks
doc henderson, I'm wanting to get into NYC...
  I made an offer on the Kodiak piece today,,,,Lots of big trout for you to tangle with if things work out.Thanks for the kind words :)

Old Greenhorn

Nice article Rob, very nice. You speak for a lot of us with your philosophy, 'respect the tree, use it all, continue the cycle' and most importantly explain to others why we do that. The art you create is far beyond anything I could even conceive and it blows my mind every dang time.
 I have no idea why you would ever want to get to NYC (ok, they do have some good museums and art places, and music and 'some other stuff'), but if you ever do come to NY, give me a holler. We have some nice trout fishing here in the Catskills. I am 2 hours drive north of the city and there are no mountain passes where you could get snowed in. (Of course if you drive and hour north-northwest from my place to Barges, no promises on that issue. ;D)
 You do amazing work.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

trimguy

Very nice ! You need to be recognized for the amazing projects you do. Great work.

thecfarm

A mighty fine write up!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

Great write up. You should be very proud of your achievements and being showcased with other master craftsmen of the world. Somehow they left out the WOC we all think of you as though.  ??? 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Walnut Beast

Thanks for sharing the link. That was a fantastic article 👍👍👍

AK Newbie

Rob your work is intricate, focused and incredibly inspiring!  You showcase the natural beauty of trees in a way few have the ability to do.  I hope I have an opportunity to see your work some day.  Congratulations on a hugely successful project, I'm happy the museum took the time to recognize all your hard work!
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

WDH

Well, my friend, you are way out on the very end of that bell curve that we talked about, Sir. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tule peak timber

Thanks guys, all of you, for the kind comments! Dealing with the wood is one thing; but dealing with all of the architects, designers, etc. actually is an even more challenging job. The museum work had half a dozen folks involved, whereas the NNRH build took place over literally years with 2 dozen people involved; inspections, reports, samples, more samples, more shades of brown etc. etc.
I like showing off my work to a group of peers of the caliber of FF.
Cheers

Thank You Sponsors!