iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Summers heat wood stoves?

Started by gman98, March 06, 2021, 07:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman98

Hello guys.  My Ashley wood stove finally gave out on me after a lot of use from both me and the previous owner.  I've got to replace it and I saw some summers heat stoves for sale.  The price seems to be very reasonable and the reviews looked good on them.  I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them?

Thanks
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

cutterboy

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Wudman

I have the Englander branded version of the add on forced air furnace.  I hit 80 degrees in the house during our recent ice storm (generator pulling blower on stove).  I wish the firebox was bigger, but other than that it is a good unit.  Link to install below:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=104380.0

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

alan gage

As far as I know they're the same as Englander. I've had 3 different stoves of theirs and they seem to offer good bang for the buck. Of the three I've been by far happiest with the performance of the largest (30) and least happy with the smallest (17). The other (13?) fell in the middle both in terms of size and performance.

The reason for 3 different stoves was 3 different houses of varying sizes and insulation. Have used 100% wood heat in all of them.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

gman98

Thanks for the responses guys.  Last weekend I hit it just right at Lowe's and picked up a summers heat (Englander) woodstove with the blower for almost half price.  $480!  I've been very happy so far with it.  The blower makes a big difference over my old stove with no blower and I'm able to heat my whole relatively small house with it.
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

doc henderson

we use lopi and avalon.  we had earth stoves years ago.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!