iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Running a new trap line

Started by Burlkraft, January 30, 2009, 12:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

I noticed a couple of these guys running through the shop a while back. They hadn't done any damage that I could see, so I let 'em run around.
Yesterday I was gonna bring the dirty rags in to wash them and I found a big old nest and my towels all chewed up  >:(  >:(  >:(

I ran a line of traps last night. Very successful  ;)  ;)

They seem to like chunky peanut butter. I used peanut butter from a store bought jar, so they won't get salmonella  :D  :D

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Patty

Whoa! You have a good start on a new coat for Jill  :D   
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Sprucegum

I noticed this thread got moved  three times - who's trying to catch who?  :D  :D

Banjo picker

Quote from: Burlkraft on January 30, 2009, 12:41:12 PM

I ran a line of traps last night. Very successful  ;)  ;)

They seem to like chunky peanut butter. I used peanut butter from a store bought jar, so they won't get salmonella  :D  :D

Its good that you are concerned about their health. :D :D :D  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Gary_C

Quote from: Sprucegum on January 30, 2009, 02:38:32 PM
I noticed this thread got moved  three times - who's trying to catch who?  :D  :D

Ya, I was trying to find that place called "Services" but was too late. But then again I just can't help my self but to click on the link when some thread gets sent to the Woodshed.  :D :D

Steve if those fur bearers get wise to those old traps, try the grey overcenter ones. I had one that I probably caught 20 in and was not missing a lick of peanut butter. That way you don't have to worry about salmonella.  :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

LeeB

I go trapped in the bouncing back and forth too. I figured it was just Jeff funning with us again.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

Quote from: LeeB on January 30, 2009, 03:11:07 PM
I go trapped in the bouncing back and forth too. I figured it was just Jeff funning with us again.

;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pigman

I don't understand why the topic ended up in "Outdoor activities". The mice were indoors when they were caught .
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WH_Conley

Just as a guess Bob, I don't think we have a catagory of "Inside Activities". :D

However, when we lived in town, next to the feed store, when cold weather came around, it was time to load the Hi-Standard with shot and put out the trapline.
Bill

Banjo picker

We had a little problem with mice one year, they got in the duct work.  I got one as he stuck his head up through the floor register.  I kind of miss um, wish I could get rid of these cats so I could hunt in the house again.   ;D ;D ;D  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

timber tramp

>>I kind of miss um, wish I could get rid of these cats so I could hunt in the house again.       Tim

Somebody say something about a High Standard with shot?? Here kitty kitty. :D ;D       :) TT
Cause every good story needs a villan!

Left Coast Chris

Steve, I have a trap line also.  So far 17 gophers and 6 moles since December.  Our cat is getting a little old so I had to take over..... :-[   Although thats not inside my shop...... good thing you are nipping that in the bud....

Also,  the moles really have nice fur.  I could ship them over if Jill wants her coat a little faster.  :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Burlkraft

I'm sure she's appreciate that Chris  :D :D

Burlkraft

Now that the snow has gone my trap line is very busy.

I have 2 crows that visit just about every day to "pick up the remains"

Them guy's are very good at findin' them mice. The last 2 I even tried to hide under leaves, but they found 'em in about 10 minutes  ;D  ;D

Norm

I got this funny mental picture of these things field dressed hanging from the bragging pole but remembered your on a limited meat diet.... :D

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D

Up in the Charlottes the camp was running away with mice. All we did was got a scrub pale, a soup can. Ran a wire through the end long enough to straddle to top of the scrub pale. Smeared peanut butter on the soup can. It was placed on the pale and a ramp made with a stick up to it. It was set up so the mice would jump onto the can and roll off into the drink. The first night we had 3 or 4 mice in the pale, drowned. :D :D :D Reminded me of the "Pied Piper of Hamlin". :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Reddog

Heck Burlkraft, look how fast the buzzards found ya at Jeff's.   :D

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

trapper

yesterday had a big stray tomcat looking at romancing mama kitty.  poor guiy ended up running into the top dog and getting lead poisoning
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

ErikC

Quote from: Norm on March 27, 2009, 05:28:45 PM
I got this funny mental picture of these things field dressed hanging from the bragging pole but remembered your on a limited meat diet.... :D

Shouldn't be a conflict here. Limited meat diet, 3 mice....Couple days of good eatin :D :D
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Burlkraft

Did ya hear the last comment in that video?

Where's Scooter ?   :D  :D  :D

Thank You Sponsors!